How can we avoid this argument?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
In some discussions - even some arguments - there's no win/lose. Sometimes, there's learning, and nothing more.

That is fine as well. But what is being suggested is kind of how I bounce. I don't get in to arguments because I don't interact. I am not there to win an argument. Fine if you are dragging a drunk out. Not so fine if you are having a normal conversion where you might care about the response.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is fine as well. But what is being suggested is kind of how I bounce. I don't get in to arguments because I don't interact. I am not there to win an argument. Fine if you are dragging a drunk out. Not so fine if you are having a normal conversion where you might care about the response.
But interaction doesn't always require win/lose. Take the thread about the reasons for testing. I don't see much to win or lose there - it's a sharing of information. Same with my thread about delivering seminars. So many topics can just be an exchange of information, and there's no win/lose.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But interaction doesn't always require win/lose. Take the thread about the reasons for testing. I don't see much to win or lose there - it's a sharing of information. Same with my thread about delivering seminars. So many topics can just be an exchange of information, and there's no win/lose.

Yeah exactly. Like when I bounce. I inform you you are going home. There is no win loose.

But yeah there are legitimate uses of that method.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When your fist meets on your opponent's face, it's neither healthy for your hand nor healthy for your opponent's face.

Are boxing, MT, wrestling, Judo, MMA good for health? Your thought?

fist_meets_face.jpg

wrestling_embrace.jpg

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
When your fist meets on your opponent's face, it's neither good for your health nor good for your opponent's health.

Are boxing, MT, wrestling, Judo, MMA good for health? Your thought?

fist_meets_face.jpg

Depends on the alternative. Being a lazy fat couch potato with nothing to live for is not that good for your health either.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on the alternative. Being a lazy fat couch potato with nothing to live for is not that good for your health either.
I'd even argue getting hit in the face while getting fit is a better decision. But then I'm a martial artist, and there's clearly something wrong with all of us.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'd even argue getting hit in the face while getting fit is a better decision. But then I'm a martial artist, and there's clearly something wrong with all of us.
Many MA training (such as iron palm, iron crotch, ...) are not good for health, self-cultivation, inner peace, ...

Latest Discussions