Hike 56 of 52 hikes in 52 weeks....goal surpassed!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last day of the year, and an icy one on the mountain. The day started with single digit temps and a fee EOY obligations that needed addressing. I didn't try for the summit. I kind of wish I had, I brought enough supplies to be out after dark. Plus, it would have been very quiet at the top.

Originally I expected this journey to be a bit more photographic than it was. If there is a downside to being a trail steward, its that you are on the same trail time and again. Sometimes I didn't feel like photographing the same trail repeatedly. Other times my hands were too tied up to take pictures, especially when I was carrying tools.

I set my original goal of 52 Hikes in 52 Weeks to build better habits, and to push myself to get out there. It worked...in fact it worked so well, I am reluctant to spend time inside. I did my 52nd hike of the year in November, reaching my goal before the holidays...an added bonus.

My final hike of the year was my 56th hike of 2.5 hours or more.

The first hike of 52 hikes in 52 weeks, 2014 edition, will be tomorrow :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1388540856778.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 179

Ironcrane

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You set a goal, you did it, and it worked out beautifully. It's always wonderful when that happens. Beware though, once you start accomplishing the goals you set for yourself, it'll lead you into doing it more often for future goals.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You set a goal, you did it, and it worked out beautifully. It's always wonderful when that happens. Beware though, once you start accomplishing the goals you set for yourself, it'll lead you into doing it more often for future goals.

That's always the risk, eh? ;)

Thanks for the kind words :asian:

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh my.....uh....No.

And I think the people doing that climb in open toed shoes are bloody insane.

Although, the part with the stairs that passes the houses and little villages? I'd be all over that. :)

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score