Highuchi Sensei

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the aforementioned Ninpo instructor? He used to have a studio in Mentor,Ohio. From my understanding he is a fairly high ranking black belt. He specialized in the tie up area, i.e. restraining techniques. I believe it was mentioned. That he was a long time instructor to the Tokyo Police. I had occasion to speak with him a couple of times, and he seemed very agreeable. I'am just asking out of curiosity. No agenda in mind. :)

D

Dennis_Mahon

What ninpo school did he belong to- Bujinkan, Genbukan, or Jinenkan? If he's part of the Bujinkan, he should have a current Shidoshi-kai certifying him as an instructor in the Bujinkan.

What kind of documentation did he have?

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Higuchi used to be the head of the "Bujinkan Fellowship" which is not the Bujinkan. He was one of the participants of the Ninja Summit years ago...but is not part of the Bujinkan.

M

Makoto-Dojo

Originally posted by donald

Does anyone know anything about the aforementioned Ninpo instructor? He used to have a studio in Mentor,Ohio. From my understanding he is a fairly high ranking black belt. He specialized in the tie up area, i.e. restraining techniques. I believe it was mentioned. That he was a long time instructor to the Tokyo Police. I had occasion to speak with him a couple of times, and he seemed very agreeable. I'am just asking out of curiosity. No agenda in mind. :)

Hello,

no he is/was not Bujinkan. He was very good at Judo and Iaido as well as Taihojutsu. But all of his Ninpo and Bujinkan teaching was hogwash. Sorry...

I live in Cleveland, if your ever interested in seeing Genbukan Ninpo first hand, your more than welcome.

Regards,

Shaduko

White Belt
Reaction score
makoto-dojo san.. i'd love to see you're demonstration of genbukan ninpo anytime.. i live in canton and am willing to drive, so just let me know when to come up.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
makoto-dojo san.. i'd love to see you're demonstration of genbukan ninpo anytime.. i live in canton and am willing to drive, so just let me know when to come up.
You do realize you're replying to a 6 year old post? :idunno:

Latest Discussions