Hi :)

OP
D

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
hi and thankyou for the welcomes :)

maybe we shouldn't be looking in the mirror but the mirror stretches the full length of one wall so hard to escape seeing yourself lol :)
i used the term "form" loosely as i said up top the 2 styles are similar but each have their differences and things form are something that i've taken into MT training as a way to try things out before going anywhere near a bag etc......

things like punches you can see them in the mirror so you can see your hand position as you're doing the exercise same with other aspects of the art --- a lot of it comes down to control - slowing things down and disecting moves so that better results can be acheived for the same amount of effort.

the only other way to know if you're doing it right is to have someone like my sensei watching like a hawk (not that he doesn't) to correct you - the mirror allows you to correct yourself and create good practise within yourself so that when you progress to the next level the foundations have already been laid and therefore make each move easier to carry out

there are some students that are going for their next belt and find it a lot easier if they can see what they're doing as they're doing it --- seems sensible in a way as you want to pass the grade first time.

also i said that there were similarities between MT and TKD --- they're not the same there are differences but not major ones and a lot of the things from both styles can be interchanged to make either one better

this is just my opinion.

TKD is out cos the sensei ducked class..........

donna