Help on Squating Sacrifice.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here is Squating Sacrifice from the IKKO belt curriculum:

SQUATTING SACRIFICE (read bear hug - arms free)

1. With opponent applying rear bear hug (arms free) and with feet together, step to your right (to 3 o'clock) with your right foot into a horse, as both of your elbows strike down to opponent's forearm, squat on opponent's right knee as both of your hands then grab and pull on opponent's right ankle; the pulling and squatting could cause the knee to break of the counter force.

2. Immediately twist opponent's right ankle counter clockwise as your right leg circles clockwise (preferably raking across opponent's face in the process) and plants to 7 o'clock into a left close kneel stance while still facing 12 o'clock.

3. Pivot (in place) into a right forward bow as you now face 6 o'clock.

4. While still maintaining grab with your right hand, step forward with your left foot to 6 o'clock into a left close kneel stance (paralleling opponent's body) and have your left hand grab opponent's left wrist.

5. Support your weight onto your left leg as you cock your right leg high to your waist.

6. Pull and jerk up with both of your arms as your right foot stomps to lower spine of opponent.

7. Right front crossover, sweeping in opponent's arm down and cover out twice toward 4 o'clock.

okay, my question is when the left foot steps the 6. while still mainting the right ankle with the right hand, where exactly is the left foot to step? does it step over the oppenent or does it step in between their legs? also, if you step over the oppenent, wouldn't your body be at a ninety degree angle to their body? and if you do step over their body, how do you maintain the ankle without running into or straddling their leg? I'm so cornfused...

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Quote from sensei.. " I wasn't even asked about it"

some of the printed copies of the tecs are in need of editing.. one I was working on last night had a right punch left kick in the title.. that in the tec changed to left punch.. right kick.. so I got pretty confused too.. so read it.. and see if it's just a typo..

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Chronuss

cause he's a bit cornfused like we are. that left foot thing is quite weird.
Please tell me Kile grabbed your keyboard or you are suffering sleep deprivation or my sister put you in a bad mood. You did not just say that.:flammad:
PS, this should have been in the technical forum

OP
Chronuss

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Janie and I had asked Sensei once before about that damn left step, I just thought I'd see what type of info I could muster out of the people on here. tis, all, don't beat me...

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Janie and I had asked Sensei once before about that damn left step, I just thought I'd see what type of info I could muster out of the people on here. tis, all, don't beat me...
That's fine. And on that occassion, I believe I gave you a couple of options as you ar 6 foot plus and Janie is 5 foot minus. I was not and am not cornfused. Asking for other opinions is ok, but you will get a different answer from every person that does it.;)
Are you not supposed to be in school doing school work? :rofl:

OP
Chronuss

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm in class right now, he's babbling on about how a .txt extension is a notepad file and what have you. SAVE ME.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

1. With opponent applying rear bear hug (arms free) and with feet together, step to your right (to 3 o'clock) with your right foot into a horse, as both of your elbows strike down to opponent's forearm, squat on opponent's right knee as both of your hands then grab and pull on opponent's right ankle; the pulling and squatting could cause the knee to break of the counter force.

2. Immediately twist opponent's right ankle counter clockwise as your right leg circles clockwise (preferably raking across opponent's face in the process) and plants to 7 o'clock into a left close kneel stance while still facing 12 o'clock.

4. While still maintaining grab with your right hand, step forward with your left foot to 6 o'clock into a left close kneel stance (paralleling opponent's body) and have your left hand grab opponent's left wrist.

5. Support your weight onto your left leg as you cock your right leg high to your waist.

6. Pull and jerk up with both of your arms as your right foot stomps to lower spine of opponent.

7. Right front crossover, sweeping in opponent's arm down and cover out twice toward 4 o'clock.

okay, my question is when the left foot steps the 6. while still mainting the right ankle with the right hand, where exactly is the left foot to step? does it step over the oppenent or does it step in between their legs? also, if you step over the oppenent, wouldn't your body be at a ninety degree angle to their body? and if you do step over their body, how do you maintain the ankle without running into or straddling their leg? I'm so cornfused...

The left foot should step up by the left side of the hip or slightly above. Try to insert a right knee to the lower spine when in your left close kneel.
Jason Farnsworth

OP
Chronuss

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
okay, if the left foot is to step up by their left hip, how are still holding the right ankle with the right foot? cause when I do this, their leg ends up in bewteen mine, so should I alter the grab and have it to the right side of my body and on the outside of my right leg? also, when you grab the left wrist and go into a left close kneel, should the right knee go into the small of the back? also, instead of paralleling their body, wouldn't that put you at a nintey degree angle to their body?

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, you need to slide the grab over to the right side of your body. The grip is the same as used in dance of death. After using the slicing hook kick through the head the right foot and hand moves towards your right side. Now when dropping into the close kneel (remember: a close kneel is a forward bow lowered) you still face the same direction parallel. This gains in keeping the attacker down plus an inserted right scoop to the groin when using the 3x rule for the stomp. Hope this helps.
Jason

M

meni

Hi, here is some more advice when you pick up the opponent leg make sure:

1. Yanking it and the opponent for the floor
2. Puling to the side of your left thigh and not between you legs you’re a (remember future kids are involved)
3. Hold the feet with your right hand under the fit and left over the top of the fit

The left leg move:

As far as I understand there is only one movement of the left leg (maybe a small adjustment in the begging going in to the forward stance
But in the end the left leg is going to be almost ready in the accurate location if the opponent was turned properly then you only have to take one step a head with your left foot forward (and right leg is still checking lower back of opponent) i.e. left feet is under opponent left arm pit.
In order to finish the Teq. One has to basically squat on one foot and then stand up (like pulling up a pair of tarsus) and stomping with the right on opponent back or kidneys!

I hope this is helpful!

Meni

P

ProfessorKenpo

Your right foot should end up between their legs in their groin when you put it down. The left foot will step to 6 oclock and under their left arm pit as you drop into the left close kneel stance pinning their body to the floor as you make the grab to the left wrist. Your right hand should still have hold of the right ankle with the opponents toes pointing down. At least that's how I do it.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by ProfessorKenpo

Your right foot should end up between their legs in their groin when you put it down. The left foot will step to 6 oclock and under their left arm pit as you drop into the left close kneel stance pinning their body to the floor as you make the grab to the left wrist. Your right hand should still have hold of the right ankle with the opponents toes pointing down. At least that's how I do it.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde
Thank you, that sounds suspiciously like what I told them.:D

OP
Chronuss

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
how's the right foot to end up between their legs when you're sopposed to rake the heel across the back of the head and plant towards 7?

Latest Discussions