help me figure out where to start?

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It seems that Mr. Geary has achieved an awful lot but to be honest if I wrote out my bio it would look similar in length however thats not what makes a teacher a good teacher neither is age. To many times age plays to big of a role. I will be 30 in a few months and hold a 5th dan with going on 22 years of training so the 7th dan seems high but again he may very well have earned that rank. But I can see where the flash is there. Those that wear tons of patches tend to scare me away. Those that are very simple and basic in their approach and the way they look attract me.

I checked to see if the Shorinkan has a dojo near you and unfortunetly they don't. If you need any help with making a decision please let me know.

Guan-gi

White Belt
Reaction score
I am also in the Omaha area and have checked out the ma scene with pretty good depth. If you want a CMA there are other choices available besides Moy Yat (I'm assuming that's where you went) as well. 7 Stars has a Wing Chun class, Dragon Arts offers kung fu of some type, and Sifu Starr is doing Yiliquan classes. I have some personal experience with the schools you are looking at and would be happy to share if you want to pm me. By the way, I am currently training in Muay Thai and BJJ at Mick Doyle's and it's a great place. Hope that helps...

Latest Discussions