Hello

S

Sakimaru

Hello. I-as you can hopefully see-am new to this forum. I just wanted to say hi and hope to find some good information on questions I might have.

Yours truly, Sakimaru

OP
S

Sakimaru

Whoops. Should have put this in the General Discussion. Sorry ok bye

OP
I

Icepick

Sakimaru -

What system are you studying? I wish I started when I was 14...

OP
S

Sakimaru

By system do you mean martial art? I am in Tang Soo Do. I would love to learn kenjutsu, iaido, capoeira, contemporary wushu, and chinese boxing (which I have a friend who can teach me).

Tang Soo Do is the only class around here I can go to. But, at least I'm improving in it :p

OP
S

Sakimaru

He just asked me what system. We aren't actually talking about Tang Soo Do I was just saying that I'm in a TSD class.

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Welcome to Martial Talk, you will love it here, the moderators are doing a great job and run a fantastic forum.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sakimaru

He just asked me what system. We aren't actually talking about Tang Soo Do I was just saying that I'm in a TSD class.

You're absolutely right--the discussion you're having is quite appropriate here, and I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I just wanted to make sure you had noticed that there is a TSD forum!

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Be wary the ever vigialnt moderators are everywhere. Just kidding, they do a great job, and can help any newbie with anything they need.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment Mr. Broad! Yes, I'm in fact trying to drive more traffic to our Korean forum which doesn't seem to get as many posts as I'd expect for the popularity of these arts.

OP
R

Rob_Broad

I like that Mr. title can I always be referred to with it.

OP
S

Sakimaru

Not many Korean Art posters? Hm, I thought it would be filled with Tae Kwon Doist's.

Thank you for your help gyz.

OP
S

Shinzu

welcome sakimaru. i am always at the TSD board. hope to catch up with you there.

and yes this is a great board. it's totally addictive:)

maybe someday ill even get to become a moderator :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the complements guys...and welcome. :)

We're always open to suggestions, and Shinzu, who knows...the rate we're growing, we may need another mod or 2 sometime this year.

OP
S

Shinzu

i came across this board by accident actually and im glad i did:cool:

whatever i can do to help just let me know kaith:)

OP
K

kickyou

I am new here also I joined after Rob_Broad contacted me on my yahoo IM and gave me the link Thanks Rob I love this site.It is alot better than some other boards where all the people do is attack each other and the different martial arts and Federations.

OP
K

Kirk

Originally Posted By: kickyou
I am new here also I joined after Rob_Broad contacted me on my yahoo IM and gave me the link Thanks Rob I love this site.It is alot better than some other boards where all the people do is attack each other and the different martial arts and Federations.

AMEN TO THAT! And if anyone comes here with that attitude,
threads get locked, and memberships are suspended if it
continues. GREAT control exercised here, but not overbearing.
And my personal favorite ... NO ANONYMOUS POSTING! woohoo!

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kirk

AMEN TO THAT! And if anyone comes here with that attitude,
threads get locked, and memberships are suspended if it
continues. GREAT control exercised here, but not overbearing.
And my personal favorite ... NO ANONYMOUS POSTING! woohoo!

Actually, there is lots of anonymous posting (after all, you don't know my real name, do you? ;)), but the point is taken and appreciated.:)

I think I speak for the other moderators here when I say that we try to ensure this board lives up to its claim of 'Friendly discussion about the martial arts'.

Martial artists, just like people who undertake other endeavors, have many differences of opinion. However, this board provides a forum for martial artists to share, discuss, contrast, and even argue those opinions and ideas, in a friendly manner.

Bah, I'll shut up now. I've still got cold medicine in me and can't think straight.

Cthulhu

PS - if you want to thank someone for this board, thank Bob Hubbard, founder and admin of MartialTalk. :cheers:

OP
K

kickyou

My bad. Thank you Mr. Hubbard for creating this site and a place for martial artists to meet and discuss their art.