Hello i have a question about Kyusho Jitsu or Dim Mak

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know of at least 5 "Pressure Point" attacks which are demonstrable and repeatable and were known of and taught even in western boxing all the way up to the 1930's or so. One of them they taught was real but they admitted was impossible to hit on demand and therefore they taught should be ignored, two of them are now illegal, one of them only works when both grappling and facial contact are allowed (no, it's not the eyes), and one of them is darned hard to get when both wearing gloves and the opponent has a "guard."

But they are "real" and do "work" with three of them causing instantaneous incapacitation.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I know one, but my victim would have to be oiled up, and bare chested. And then, Maybe. :)

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know one, but my victim would have to be oiled up, and bare chested. And then, Maybe. :)
I document all of them in my book, including giving the historic references from which they are taken. You don't have to take my word on it, you can look up the references yourself and see if I'm lying (but I'm not). :)

Banned from Boxing, The forgotten grappling techniques of classic pugilism, 2nd Edition by Kirk Lawson (Paperback) - Lulu

product_thumbnail.php

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hello,

Do any of the 2 have techniques that can kill someone but not instantly after a few days or something.You do the technique and then after a period of time something pops in them.Is this true or its just a hollywood myth.
Thank you

Why would you want such a thing? I'm serious here, by the way… what possible reason would you have for wanting such methods?

That said… yes, it's largely an inflated Hollywood style myth… based in some realistic methodologies, and exaggerated to semi-ridiculous proportions. Here's the thing… both these terms really refer to the methods of targeting within various systems. That's it, really. The technology of targeting. Where to hit. The results will range from disrupting a nerve, to damaging muscle or organs, to attacking joints and bones, through to causing internal injury leading to death at the extreme (think crushing the windpipe as a gross example). Nothing mystical or magical, simply knowing that if you hit these points, you'll get a particular result.

Ok so im getting that it dosen`t exist my sensei told me that it does as i keep asking him about 6 dan techniques how do they look like and so on.But he also tends to exagerate probably to keep me intrested in coming to his school.
So i gues there are only killing kyusho technique that do the job instantly i want to go to an Evan Patanzi seminar as i think kyusho is the coolest thing in martial arts

So I'm going to ask something here… how long have you been training in martial arts, and have you done any before? The reason I ask is that this desire to see high level techniques, the wish for movie fantasy to be real, the impression that what techniques "look like" is really anything close to the important thing is all something found in very beginner (and young) students who have come to the arts from movies… however your profile states that you are 35. I would heartily recommend looking more closely to what you're actually training in, and using that as a more reliable yardstick for future assessments.

Finlay

Green Belt
Reaction score
Pressure points are one of these things that seem to always be talked about.

I think there are a few that work, but often they are put forward as a way to fight without fighting.

My feeling on this is that pressure point are used in conjunction with other fighting skills. If you haven't got the ability to close space, create openings, work in the clinch or on the ground the pressure points are only academic or party tricks

As for the delayed death touch, there are ways to rupture bits and pieces or cause internal bleeding that in time would cause death as previously stated. I would be more worried about why someone wants to learn such a thing

Latest Discussions