Hawaiian Karate Dojos

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
He would mention Soken Hohan Hanshi first. Soken was Nagamine's senior in karate and shinzato's first influence. Nice catch.

thanks... I am also betting for what it is worth that he studied first with Soken, so his fundimentals are provably very heavy in seito influince.

twendkata71

Black Belt
Reaction score
There are video's of Shinzato performing kata on youtube via Okinawa tv. His seem to be a combination of both. His naihanchi is definetely Matsubayashi ryu.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are video's of Shinzato performing kata on youtube via Okinawa tv. His seem to be a combination of both. His naihanchi is definetely Matsubayashi ryu.
cool.. then it has a lot of Tamari-Te influince.. or should.
I'm a Shobayashi Shorin Ryu student. we have a lot of Tamari Te Influince. but I would have to see the vidio of them to know how similer it is to what i learned as a seito student and as a shobayshi student.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score

I found one of him or one of his students doing pinan shodan. very similer to what we do. but, some of his other stuff looks very seito to me. the had one that was "matsumura no passia" that is defenently what seito tought as I remember. It is diferent then what our passia looks like. Our Passai is from the tamari te linege from Kyan.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score

the matsubayashi ryu chinto is very similer to ours.. but the seito is not.

WOODY_1003

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am looking for Goju-Ryu schools on the Island of Oahu. Does anyone have contact information to any of these dojos. Any information would be helpful.

Thank you,
Woody

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am looking for Goju-Ryu schools on the Island of Oahu. Does anyone have contact information to any of these dojos. Any information would be helpful.

Thank you,
Woody

I'm sorry I dont. but have a friend who grew up on the island.. will ask him if he knows of any.