Have Prostitute, Lose Office.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
She can't sing. But damn, is she hot!

If you're going to be a prostitute better to be a high-priced hetaera than street-walking werewolf bait. She was one of the very lucky ones given how she started out.

I feel sorry for his wife, and he should have used lobbyist's money, not State funds dammit! That's what they're for.

As a sex scandal this is pretty mild stuff. It wasn't anyone in his chain of command. It wasn't a lobbyist whose legislation he was pushing. It was an adult of the opposite gender who was awake and consenting. She wasn't married to someone else. She wasn't coerced and insisted he wear a condom.

Hell, even the Iranians have better sex scandals than Albany. Tehran's chief of police was just caught doing the nasty with six girls at once.

TEHRAN, March 12 (UPI) -- Tehran's police chief has resigned following his arrest after being found naked in the company of six nude prostitutes in a local brothel.

Reza Zarei stepped down from his post following the raid, reportedly ordered by Ayatollah Mahmoud Hashemi Shahroudi, chief of the judicial authorities,

He is truly a Man of Parts, most of which are probably abraded down to a nub if that's how he spends his days.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've seen your picture Don. You won't make that much without a lot of plastic surgery.

The quoted $4700 an hour would pay for a WHOLE LOT of plastic surgery. You could hire your own personal plastique surgeon before long! But don't do it, BigDon, hahahhahhaa!!! What would it be like if The School found out???

To Tellner: What do you mean she cannot sing? I am listening to it right now, as I type -- she sings very nicely. She's not trying to sing opera music, this is pop music, she sings every bit as nicely as any one else in that music scene, I think. She may get signed, I'm telling you.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've seen your picture Don. You won't make that much without a lot of plastic surgery.
I've seen yours - you wouldn't either. :lfao:

Consensual, yes. Adults, yes. But paying for sex is illegal. :shrug:

I think that if you are a public servant sworn to "support the laws of the U.S. and the state." As such I believe elected officials should also be expected to OBEY the laws of the US and the State.

JMO

Catalyst

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I feel so sorry for his wife and 3 teen-aged daughters.
His wife looked utterly shell-shocked at the news conference on Monday. It was a 64-second news conference where he made an apology, but never explicitly said what he was apologizing for (now that's a good lawyer).

His wife looked in a much better state of mind at the resignation news conference yesterday.

It's alleged that he violated the Mann Act and that he engaged in "structuring" (splitting a large financial transaction into smaller transactions to circumvent banking laws, which in itself, is still illegal) among other things.

The issue I don't think was just prostitution - the issue is that he opened himself up to the possibility of blackmail and compromising his Office to the potential of blackmail.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know this hasn't been brought, up but many of you may be aware of. He spent $80,000 of the state's money on the prostitutes!!!

I think part of the outcry is that he got busted for the same behavior that he used to decry others for. It's hypocritical of him (and illegal). He was involved in busting several prostitution rings while AG.

Another point brought out was this was a "high dollar" ring that was linked to organized crime. It wasn't just a "local" pimp/hooker arrangement, and they are talking about money laundering as part of his charges because of how he moved the money around for the 20 times he was with the prostitute.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I dont care what politicians do in the bedroom. When they participate in illegal activity though, thats a different story. If he had a "girlfriend" (as in non-hourly) it would be a non issue.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
NY Governors have been caught in infidelity before but it was an affair with another woman not a prostitute and they survived it, heck one went on to be president.

The big issues here are the fact that it was a prostitute and that it crossed state lines (this made it federal) also he was VERY much outspoken against things illegal as an Attorney General and as Governor. But another real big thing to consider that either pretty much sunk him or very much contributed to it was his approval rating. It was rather low and if it were as high as it was at the beginning of his term there has been speculation that he could have survived this.

As to state funds used to finance this, so far no one at the state or federal level appears to be talking about it at all. And it appears, at least at this point, that it was all funded from his personal accounts. Do not forget he is from a rather rich family and would be a millionaire or better even if he never held public office.

I am however rather creeped out at the fact that the woman was 22 when he has a daughter that is 18 but that is likely just me.

I still feel very badly for his wife and children this has got to be devastating to them.

Bodhisattva

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So, NY's govenor Spitzer got caught with more than his hand in the cookie jar, and now is going to resign in disgrace.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/12/spitzer/index.html

So.....thoughts?

I have no issue with prostitution. I do not visit prostitutes, but I believe that most vice crimes are stupid and worthless to society. I think they make life more dangerous for everyone.

However, since he is a hypocrite and a former "Elliot Ness" type vice guy - to hell with him. Burn him.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
The quoted $4700 an hour makes me want to go into a new line of work...

Thats nothing. Wait until she gets a deal with Playboy or one of those other magazines. She will be raking in the dough, I'm sure.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Latest Discussions