Have Prostitute, Lose Office.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
He vowed to clamp down on crimes like this. He should have claimed this as evidence of the effectiveness of his leadership. Couldn't hurt.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I find it odd that of all the crimes politicians are known for comiting, it is always sex that gets them in the most trouble. Really, a politicians sex life should be their own business, I'm more concerned about coruption that actually effects more then their marriage.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I thought he might be able to get away with it, if he were to be straight up with his constituents. The real legal problems and loss of public trust (not family trust) comes with the cover-up, perjury and obstruction of justice that often results.

From one report I heard on NPR, the alleged incident is a felony and felons can't serve as governor in NY. If that's the case, maybe it is better to resign than go through the process of removal.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm more concerned about coruption that actually effects more then their marriage.

It can effect more than their marriage, if the politician is willing, for example, to make political concessions in order to make certain photographs go away.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Prostitution is illegal whether it should be or not. The implications on his private life are his concerns, not mine. For instance if she were another employee and a willing participant or some kept woman ... my thought is "whatever." I may not agree nor approve but it's his business. He, however, put money into an illegal activity and for that he should lose office.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Okay, before anyone goes overboard -- let's know that this guy cleaned up a lot of corruption in Wall Street.

Furthermore -- I have a friend who used to live in Long Island, NY. He moved to my city. He used to go to Manhattan from time to time. He told me that there are prostitutes in Manhattan that are so breathtakingly beautiful that you would not believe it. He said that they are almost like another species, just incredible.

So, this man goes around, he gets involved with prostitution rings, and knows the people. Then he ends up getting involved like this.

Just remember -- this is not Louisville KY, it is not Washington DC. No. This is freaking MANHATTAN!

I of course do not agree with what he did -- he has a wife after all!

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Prostitution is illegal whether it should be or not. The implications on his private life are his concerns, not mine. For instance if she were another employee and a willing participant or some kept woman ... my thought is "whatever." I may not agree nor approve but it's his business. He, however, put money into an illegal activity and for that he should lose office.

When he does go, his superdelegate vote for Hillary goes with him, hahahaha!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This effects my office directly, I work in an office that is directly associated with the Gov. Me I likely have nothing to worry about but there are commissioners throughout the state that need to wonder if they will still be working for the state by years end.

Interesting thing is a lot of the things that were used to catch him he knew about and in at least one case was responsible for its implementation during his time as Attorney General.

I just feel real bad for his wife and kids

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think he pissed off a lot of wallstreet brass and they called in some favors...

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wasn't suggesting that what he did was "ok," it was illegal, immoral (he's married) and not the way a elected official should behave. However, politicians find themsleves in all sorts of scandals, in my mind the sex related ones are generally the least concerning. Yet they also seem to be the ones that require the least evidence, and get the offenders in the most trouble.

It's not just politicians, but public figures in general. There seems to be a difference in how different sorts of crimes are treated. Sex related issues, even when no crime has been commited, seem to get a much higher level of backlash then other issues.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The quoted $4700 an hour makes me want to go into a new line of work...
Yes, public standards on many things have changed, but, prostitution in this country is still seen by the majority as immoral behavior. It isn't, and never was "just about sex". The moral component is the larger part here.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe the big issues here aren't the prostitute, but using tax payers money to bring her across state lines in violation of federal law. Big nono's.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe the big issues here aren't the prostitute, but using tax payers money to bring her across state lines in violation of federal law. Big nono's.
That's certainly how I see it. Marital infidelity is stupid, but is best dealt with between the spouses, not the media. Using tax dollars to commit illegal acts - and across state lines, which ups the ante - is just plain stupid.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, the young woman who the Governor was with has an mp3 audio recording which can be downloaded for only 98 cents here:

http://amiestreet.com/artist/13321

If she does not screw this up, she may end up getting signed with a record label out of this!

I downloaded it and it is not bad listening. It is categorized as being "pop / r&b", and is not offensive.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, the young woman who the Governor was with has an mp3 audio recording which can be downloaded for only 98 cents here:

http://amiestreet.com/artist/13321

If she does not screw this up, she may end up getting signed with a record label out of this!

I downloaded it and it is not bad listening. It is categorized as being "pop / r&b", and is not offensive.

EDIT -- actually, I would say that it would not be a bad track to add to the exercise / weight lifting collection of music. Actually, its not a bad song. I hope she gets a record deal!

EDIT0 -- there is an interesting "echo / reverb" effect on the vocal track at one point! Coolness!

Latest Discussions