Has anyone had experience in Martial Arts with Vibram Five Finger shoes?

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Are we doing this chat to make sure you win highest poster this month?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Are we doing this chat to make sure you win highest poster this month?
well youl be second, but no body can beat Gerry anyway,

im multi tasking, im doing my work out, learning guitar, practising chess and learning astro physic off you tube, before running two miles to visit my mum, in between im chatting to you, passes the day on

OP
Ivan

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I mean everyone wipes their ***, but it's still an inconvenience to have to wipe it :D
We had a guy who would sweat puddles no matter we did. A short basic technique segment in class and puddles! And most of us were training dang hard, but no one left puddles like him. And I left a decent puddle every now and then! If we rotated around or moved around the room he'd have to wipe up his sweat as it was a hazard! And he was an incredibly fit guy!

Some people are definitely bigger sweaters than others ;D
I can relate to having a guy like that at my dojang. I was sparring with him, a much older and more experienced guy, but his mobility faltered due to age. I would say he managed to get me good though, because I ended up slipping and falling on one of his puddles of sweat o_O

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bloody hell jobo can even start an argument on a post about shoes....jeez

Yeah, he's gifted that way. As am I, but when it comes to Jobo, I'll step aside and learn from the master. ;)

....oh about those stupid toe-shoes. I hate the way they look and feel that they discriminate against any of us who have more than five toes on a foot. But, Ivan.... since you already bought a pair, why don't you get back to us in a week or two and tell us how they are working out. :)

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had the Vibram 5 Finger shoes many years ago didn't like them.
Have been using a Minimalist Barefoot Running Shoe for a few years now.
71mpLAn5dkL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, he's gifted that way. As am I, but when it comes to Jobo, I'll step aside and learn from the master. ;)

....oh about those stupid toe-shoes. I hate the way they look and feel that they discriminate against any of us who have more than five toes on a foot. But, Ivan.... since you already bought a pair, why don't you get back to us in a week or two and tell us how they are working out. :)
Yeah personally I can take it or leave it with shoes. For karate and Muay Thai I’m happy not wearing them (been wearing them lately due to classes being outside)

but Krav Maga you do wear shoes all the time. I don’t care either way tbh. I just wear normal trainers for when I do need them. I’m not going to buy some fancy shoes that cost more and do the same thing but that’s just me

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I had a pair, and they were fine, but I think more gimmicky than anything else. You'll definitely get a lot of looks, because they certainly stand out.

Not sure what the sweat talk was about. IIRC, you can wash these pretty easily, too.
Bloody hell @gweilo can even start an argument on a post about shoes....jeez
Jobo? @Gweilo was poster number 3 in the thread. I fixed that for you.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can relate to having a guy like that at my dojang. I was sparring with him, a much older and more experienced guy, but his mobility faltered due to age. I would say he managed to get me good though, because I ended up slipping and falling on one of his puddles of sweat o_O
Haha wow... it really is a secret weapon XD

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I had a pair, and they were fine, but I think more gimmicky than anything else. You'll definitely get a lot of looks, because they certainly stand out.

Not sure what the sweat talk was about. IIRC, you can wash these pretty easily, too.

Jobo? @Gweilo was poster number 3 in the thread. I fixed that for you.
Im flattered you mentioned me xx

Latest Discussions