Has anyone ever....

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had one of those days where every song you've EVER heard, just goes through your head? I mean, literally- one starts and finishes, and another just pops right in. I swear- it's like I swallowed a radio sometimes. If it has happened, how do you stop it? What songs were running rampant?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Had one of those days where every song you've EVER heard, just goes through your head? I mean, literally- one starts and finishes, and another just pops right in. I swear- it's like I swallowed a radio sometimes. If it has happened, how do you stop it? What songs were running rampant?

It use to happen alot..My first 2 Harleys didn't have radios..No particular song or artist, just the best remembered songs back to back...

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Yup. Even worse is when it is music you dislike. I went by boat with friends to see the fireworks in Downtown Sacramento (visible from the river) and several other boats near us had the worst rap music I have ever been exposed to playing. The next day at work I caught myself humming (or whatever you could call it) some of the junk I had heard the night before. Embarrassing.

OP
bluemtn

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yup. Even worse is when it is music you dislike. I went by boat with friends to see the fireworks in Downtown Sacramento (visible from the river) and several other boats near us had the worst rap music I have ever been exposed to playing. The next day at work I caught myself humming (or whatever you could call it) some of the junk I had heard the night before. Embarrassing.

I especially hate it when that happens! Like Drac, it usually happens when there's no music around.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This old lady at my church says that she "hears church songs in her head" all the time... and (get this) she can "change the channel when she wants, to another church song"!!!

We all wonder if she JUST recently started getting songs stuck in her head like everyone else in the world, or if she is cracking up. Either way we just smile at her and tell her to sing along!

Amazon

Green Belt
Reaction score

Nah, when I get a song in my head it's usually something trite and repetitive that won't get out - like "Hey Mickey", "867-5309 Jenny", "We Can Dance", "Funky Cold Medina", "Ice Ice Baby", and the like. It's a miracle I haven't committed suicide yet.

Better, but still sticky are those two new KT Tunstall songs - "She's a Beautiful Girl" and "Black Horse in a Cherry Tree".

The creepy thing is when you've had a song stuck in your head all day for no reason, and then you turn on the radio and it's playing.......

Amazon

Green Belt
Reaction score

Yes!! Happened to me for a week straight with "Riding Dirty" - don't even know where I managed to hear it in the first place.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I find myself singing songs in my head all the time. They usually change with my mood. The worst part is that Ill be sitting in class and out of nowhere Ill start singing that stupid @$$ song from Barney.

B

PS-Your welcome to anyone who started hearing that song after reading this post :D

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nope. Unfortunately for ME I apparently don't have a radio in MY head.

I have a reel-to-reel tape that only holds ONE song and is looped :rolleyes:

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

I get the same song stuck in my head forever, UNTIL I sing the entire song to myself. Then "poof" it's gone. Of course, another soon comes in to take it's place...

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nah, when I get a song in my head it's usually something trite and repetitive that won't get out - like "Hey Mickey", "867-5309 Jenny", "We Can Dance", "Funky Cold Medina", "Ice Ice Baby", and the like. It's a miracle I haven't committed suicide yet.

My experience as well.
A few weeks ago my son watched The Wizard of Oz, and then watched it again the next day. For the next two weeks the munchkin songs were running through my head constantly. Needless to say, I wanted to put a bullet through my head.

MarkBarlow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
One weekend I couldn't get MAMA TRIED by Merle Haggard out of my mind. I'd catch myself humming or singing the refain without realizing I was doing it. My wife was ready to strangle me by the Sunday night.

OP
bluemtn

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
This old lady at my church says that she "hears church songs in her head" all the time... and (get this) she can "change the channel when she wants, to another church song"!!!

We all wonder if she JUST recently started getting songs stuck in her head like everyone else in the world, or if she is cracking up. Either way we just smile at her and tell her to sing along!

I'll occasionally get some Christian song(s) that go on and on through my head- usually 3rd Day or Newsboys. On average, though, it's the golden oldies, with an occasional alternative genre for the day...

OP
bluemtn

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score

I've been there, too. You KNOW it's bad when it's the entire song, it's in their voices, and the fine points are included!

Latest Discussions