Hard Body Training?

megat

Orange Belt
Reaction score
yeah it is, but it does make ur fist more durable and stronger. but i would not recommend it because it has it side effect as i said above

HG1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Brandon is right on the mark. I reiterate proper conditioning will have no adverse effects on overall health.

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
yeah it is, but it does make ur fist more durable and stronger. but i would not recommend it because it has it side effect as i said above
I won't even argue this point but proper conditioning does not have adverse effects on your health.

megat

Orange Belt
Reaction score
well as i am at that time a foolish teen knowing almost nutin hehehe, well just another experience for the book.

Dale Dugas

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Actually it does not make your hands stronger. You need to train your hands the correct way and that is very slowly and over a period of years. I teach Iron Palm and have not had any problems with people training the CORRECT way. I have had a few jack a s s e s over the years and they did stupid things that cost them.

You should be using some Iron Palm medicine when you are hitting your hands and Dit Da Jow injury medicine when you are training other body parts. I make and sell both through my association. If you are interested follow the links in my signature.

No medicine and no internal exercises means you are going to pay.

I teach both Iron Palm and Iron Vest in Massachusetts as well as through national seminars. I will be teaching in New Jersey this coming November. If anyone is interested in seeing what the training is about, come see with your own eyes.

Click on the link below for more information about the weekend long seminar.
http://www.americansocietyofinternalarts.org/continuingeducation/continuingeducation.html

Train hard, but train safely. These arts are for strength and whole body power building not hurting.

Be well,

Dale

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some good info and good discussions going on here.

Got me to thinking about training methods for "iron palm." I knew of one guy who trained his hands by punching into a bucket of water. I know, I know, you are thinking, "water, what would that do?" It actually works pretty darn good and have a minimal damge effect on your hands. I think if you look into the different training methods, you might be suprised what has been used and what will work effectively.

You have to be smart and decide what is more important to you.

tntma12

Blue Belt
Reaction score
As far as conditioning your shins, I found using a rolling pin, and rolling it up and down your shins works very well.

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hold a medicine ball over your head and exhale as you take body shots. Get your training partner to hit harder as you get better at it. Tak a few shins to the sides too to get used to the feeling. It doesn't have to be too hard, you can build up. It's more of a psychological thing but your muscles do get better at absorbing impact. Maki-wara. Proper Iron palm training. Try hitting the sand with your fingers in a "claw" position. Hold really big jars and try punching without letting go.

OP
C

CDZ19

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Also this is an off-topic question: I learned recently from my time in the forums that some of the greats didn't even learn until they were in the military or of equal age? Is this true, and if so who and what ages did they start.

Also, for the gentleman who's teaching Iron Shirt/Iron Palm, how many years does it take for one to reach "basic" level?

Thanks a lot guys, this is really helping.

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think its beneficial to any martial art. How long does it take, well years under qualifed supervision though.