Vale Tudo Question

Jutt-

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've been learning Muay Thai , solely to get better conditioning and to learn the art.

I don't think I'll ever be interested in the competing side of it ( although I fully take my hat off to those to who are.

With the above in connection to Vale Tudo.....

I was just wondering if you could learn the art of Vale Tudo , with out the compulsion of ( once good enough of course ) entering into competitions , matches etc etc

Thanks in advance.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think you misunderstand.

Vale Tudo is not an art, it's a style of no-rules competition that means literally "Anything Goes" in Portuguese. It's not an art, just a (lack of) rule set for open competition where you bring whatever you got into it.

This is not to be confused with the "Saotome School of Anything Goes Martial Arts"

CDZ19

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I think you misunderstand.

Vale Tudo is not an art, it's a style of no-rules competition that means literally "Anything Goes" in Portuguese. It's not an art, just a (lack of) rule set for open competition where you bring whatever you got into it.

This is not to be confused with the "Saotome School of Anything Goes Martial Arts"

Ranma 1/2 Fan?

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

What he said...

Basically, it's a competition. Now, there may be some places that specialize in training someone for the Vale Tudo, but it still doesn't change the fact that Vale Tudo isn't an official art.

Latest Discussions