Happy 235th, USA!

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the British empire a man who more cordially loves a union with Great Britain than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the British Parliament propose; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America.
—Thomas Jefferson, November 29, 1775

So Suck it King George III, and Happy Birthday America!!!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
day early...
But I guess you will be busy tomorrow....

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So let me get this straight ... you are celebrating an act of treason?

Enjoy your party, you bunch of terrorists - don't forget to properly thank the French for making it happen for you :p.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So let me get this straight ... you are celebrating an act of treason?

Enjoy your party, you bunch of terrorists - don't forget to properly thank the French for making it happen for you :p.

hate to burst your bubble, but the Royal Deux Ponts were Germans! ^_^

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Are you sure of that, Gran? Many of the soldiers of that unit did come from the independant duchy of Zweibrucken but they were essentially a mercenary unit in the pay of the French {memory rusty on this so forgive any peregrinations around the facts :lol:}.

Regardless, one unit does not invalidate the fact that the treacherous colonials allied themselves with the vilest of our foes during a period where we, the most valiant and pure of all empires, were busy elsewhere in the world.

Joking aside, happy Independance Day, you filthy terrorists ... {Oops! {clasps hands across mouth to forstall any further insertion of foot :lol:}}.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Are you sure of that, Gran? Many of the soldiers of that unit did come from the independant duchy of Zweibrucken but they were essentially a mercenary unit in the pay of the French {memory rusty on this so forgive any peregrinations around the facts :lol:}.

Regardless, one unit does not invalidate the fact that the treacherous colonials allied themselves with the vilest of our foes during a period where we, the most valiant and pure of all empires, were busy elsewhere in the world.

Joking aside, happy Independance Day, you filthy terrorists ... {Oops! {clasps hands across mouth to forstall any further insertion of foot :lol:}}.

Nooo, not mercenaries! :(
A cackerjack elite unit. By decree of the Duke you were not allowed to interfere with any man who decided to enlist there....

(yeah, the French paid them, complicated treaty system, but them was German....)

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
America F--- Yeah!

Happy 4th Of July everybody! Now I'm heading out to the pool for a nice swim and to plan my next move.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty.
John F. Kennedy

-Happy 4th America! Feel your pain, I'll be going into work in a few hours. Hopefully the natives are restful tonight.

Andrew

Latest Discussions