Guess what I found?

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just took Tucker out for a rest room break (reading his pee-mail as I call it) and heard a dog making quite a fuss in the creek at the back of my property. I hooked Tucker up to his runner and went to investigate. What I found was a beagle pup about 6 months old trapped halfway up the side of the bank in some brambles. He's half starved and filthy but very friendly. I extricated him from the brambles (ouch) and brought him into the house. He's eaten and been introduced to Tucker and my cat and did well. Right now he's asleep beside my computer chair. I'll attempt to post a pic soon. I sent my wife a pic on the cell with the message "Ummm, I kinda found a puppy" and a sheepish grin smiley. She's just as big a softy for critters as I am so we'll look for the owner and probably wind up keeping him if no ones claims him.

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Attachments

• $beagle.jpg
    $beagle.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 126

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to the beagle club! You have a very beautiful beagle and perhaps may end up as the owner. I have two loving beagles.

- Ceicei

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I third the "Awww" factor and applaud you as a human being, sir.

All too often people take a "Not my problem" attitude, to things they can help with, that really grinds at me. Such acts of what we can still call 'humanity' (with enough irony filters to shut out a lot of history :D) restore my faith in my species.

:sensei rei:.

Mark L

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Cute pup, congratulations! Needs more belly, though. I'm sure you'll fix that.

We just adopted a middle-aged lab from a family with too many children for a dog (I don't get that). It's really paying off, I find I don't need my alarm clock anymore!

Mimir

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Very Cute! :ubercool:

I am very glad that you found him (probably not half as much as he is tho)

:partyon:

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have two beagles, one miniature, and one regular.

It looks to be full blooded by the ears and nose standard. Is his howl deep or high pitched?

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Beagles are lovely dogs... I don't want to think about what events wound up leaving a sweet critter like that abandoned and in peril. But one way or another, you've done a very good day's work, Jeff.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is one lucky pup, you saved his life. :asian:

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
sounds adorable. reminds me of the time i found a kitten on the street in manila. i took it home and nursed it, even let it sleep in my bed. i called him remih, which means crying in ancient egyptian. i wonder if remih is still alive. a friend continued to take care of him while i was away and when i would return, i was shocked to see so many scars on the cat. he turned into a real fighter streetcat but would always return for food and sanctuary. generaly speaking, manila is not the most catfriendly place.

when i saw him again after being away for a couple of years, i tried to touch him he lashed out and bit my hand, but i didnt move a centimeter and he instantly eased his grip and didnt hurt me at all. i showed him one last time my strength- it hurt me alot not to be able to care for him and be there all the time.

you know, you're going to have to think up a name for the puppydog.

Latest Discussions