Greetings and intro

peteofred

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello all.
I've just back into training after nearly...hmmm...twelve years perhaps?
I live on the Isle of Wight, in the UK. I was lucky enough to find a sensei here that was willing to take me on at his private dojo.
To say the least I feel like I have really fallen on my feet, especially due to him being such a kind, generous and highly skilled gentleman.

I've been in and out of martial arts since childhood.
And though life quite regularly tried it's best to get in the way of practice and training, I feel now that perhaps it is not about one battling it out with another, but finding a balance, a harmony perhaps between the two.

I hope to meet some interesting people, as I'm sure you all mostly are, and to have some good discussion on the topic at hand :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, peteofred, nice to have you.

And welcome back to Martial Arts! Glad you found a great Instructor.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello all.
I live on the Isle of Wight, in the UK. I was lucky enough to find a sensei here that was willing to take me on at his private dojo.
To say the least I feel like I have really fallen on my feet, especially due to him being such a kind, generous and highly skilled gentleman.

And though life quite regularly tried it's best to get in the way of practice and training, I feel now that perhaps it is not about one battling it out with another, but finding a balance, a harmony perhaps between the two.

I hope to meet some interesting people, as I'm sure you all mostly are, and to have some good discussion on the topic at hand :)

welcome to MT.
you wouldnt happen to be training with Simon Lailey or one of his students would you? i believe he was in that area not sure if he still is.

OP
peteofred

peteofred

White Belt
Reaction score
welcome to MT.
you wouldnt happen to be training with Simon Lailey or one of his students would you? i believe he was in that area not sure if he still is.

No I'm not, though I have heard of Simon - a kung fu Sifu if I remember rightly.
I think he is still here on the island.
haha, it wouldn't be hard to check - it's not a very big place.
Thank for the welcome

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

Welcome back to the martial arts! Many of us took breaks in our training along the way, and many of us never really left, even when we couldn't get to a school. MA is one thing that actually balances my life. Without it, my life never really feels balanced.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@peteofred, hey welcome aboard, looking forward to reading some of your views and thoughts.. you are IoW so you would be one for Bestival maybe or not your thing?? Wishes, Jx

OP
peteofred

peteofred

White Belt
Reaction score
@peteofred, hey welcome aboard, looking forward to reading some of your views and thoughts.. you are IoW so you would be one for Bestival maybe or not your thing?? Wishes, Jx

Thank you for the welcome.
I've always planned on going to the Bestival, but unfortunately I always seem low of funds around the time it is on. I often see the fireworks from where I live which is nice though

isterphkali38111

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Good day fellow ma artists. New here. I''m a newbie maist starting training in kali Saturday. I hope to learn from the fellaz on the board.

Latest Discussions