Grand Event 3 in 1????????

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Can someone help me make sense of this please?

It's saying there is 40 hours of training for the Master Certification and an additional 8 hours for the poomsae seminar. There are also separate fees for both courses. How am I supposed to do both courses? I can't see packing 48 hours of training in 3 days.

Is the Poomsae seminar somehow included in the Master Certification? Are they completely separate from each other, and by choosing one, you can't really do the other?

Please help my feeble mind process this.
Wait...you can't squeeze out 16 hours worth of classes a day?...Lazy..ha.ha.ha :D

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
None at all it will be like every other org out there, good for there org but nobody else. You still would need a KKW to do international events, just like always.
Which what I thought. Why do I care to have a USAT cert when KKW is all that matters in the long run. I was just hoping to see why someone would think it was/is a good idea.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I noticed when i read it that it didn't say "Kukkiwon Test" also. I also wondered how in the world they would cram everything into a few days.

The KKW master course alone was 4 days when I took it and could have been longer. So I wonder if they have crammed the Poomse portion into 1 day to include the Poomse Seminar as well.

Either way, as convenient as Philly is, I am not eligible for 6th (and dont want a USAT Cert), i already have my KKW master cert, so the only thing I could/would be interested in is the Poomse seminar...

but did you see the costs......

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I guess David A. has a couple of jaguar payments to make. ;)

Maybe the MAC too....:eye-popping:

the only thing that would be of interest to me is the poomse seminar... 1 day = $180.00. :eek:

Dragons TKD

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well, I bit the bullet and signed up for the Master Instructor Certification and the Poomsae Seminar. Total cost of $660 and no explanation of how they are fitting 48 hours of training in 3 days.

I will give my full report on June 6th, after I come home from the Atlanta event.

ps. anyone have any pics of what the uniform / belts look like?

outsider0506

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I was interested in the poomse seminar but I noticed the registration page for the seminars was not SSL encrypted (i.e. unsecured connection), yet they're asking for credit card information. I wouldn't use that webpage...

They also say that to do registration by mail, you have to have a minimum of 5 participants.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So the "GRAND" event is no longer grand....

World Master Instructor Training Course Cancelled for Atlanta and Philadelphia
We are very sorry to have to announce that the World Master Instructor Training Course portion of the 3-in-1 Grand Event scheduled in Atlanta and Philadelphia has been cancelled by the Kukkiwon. This cancellation is because pre-registration is not adequate to support it.

NOTE: this cancellation applies only to the World Master Instructor Training for Atlanta and Philadelphia.
The Poomsae Seminar for Atlanta and Philadelphia will both be on Saturday 8am-8pm; and USAT Special Test will follow right after the Poomsae Seminar.

We understand your disappointment and your frustration at having made travel arrangements. For additional information, please contact:

USA TAEKWONDO
Martial Arts Commission
P.O. Box 291
Walnut CA 91789

E-mail: [email protected]

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wonder if they will be refunding any money people are out, like that would ever happen......

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
So the "GRAND" event is no longer grand....

World Master Instructor Training Course Cancelled for Atlanta and Philadelphia

We are very sorry to have to announce that the World Master Instructor Training Course portion of the 3-in-1 Grand Event scheduled in Atlanta and Philadelphia has been cancelled by the Kukkiwon. This cancellation is because pre-registration is not adequate to support it.

NOTE: this cancellation applies only to the World Master Instructor Training for Atlanta and Philadelphia.

The Poomsae Seminar for Atlanta and Philadelphia will both be on Saturday 8am-8pm; and USAT Special Test will follow right after the Poomsae Seminar.

We understand your disappointment and your frustration at having made travel arrangements. For additional information, please contact:
USA TAEKWONDO
Martial Arts Commission
P.O. Box 291
Walnut CA 91789

E-mail: [email protected]

Could this have anything to do with the Kukkiwon USA v/s Kukkiwon lawsuit?

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I wonder if they will be refunding any money people are out, like that would ever happen......

ROFLMOA - you are too funny. I was told yesterday that eventsguy forgot to order the medals for San Jose until the week before Buffalo, which means they will be air freighted at an extreme cost. There are states still waiting on money and my bet is there is a big legal bill unpaid.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

nah. i forgot to include the part about not enough pre-registered people at those 2 locations. California is still on, but then again, they always seem to pull off their own ordeals anyway, so either they have lots of demand ( people who sign up) or stateside pull.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
ROFLMOA - you are too funny. I was told yesterday that eventsguy forgot to order the medals for San Jose until the week before Buffalo, which means they will be air freighted at an extreme cost. There are states still waiting on money and my bet is there is a big legal bill unpaid.

seem to remember a recent scenario where medals were mailed to the winners...... hmmmm

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't think so since they are still proceeding with other venue dates. I think there was a general lack of interest amongst people to go to these locations or deal with USAT...one of the two.