USAT's "Stay to Play" Policy -- you have got to be kidding

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Care to explain how? each year I have randomly change my voting affiliation because I never here anything about voting. maybe I delete the emails and not pay attention. But I have never seen the opputunity to vote. so how does one do so?

You've taken the coaching program? Ok - Call Amanda and make sure you are registered as a coach. In the fall they will vote, this year on Hangastar. I assume u will get an email telling you how. If you get a letter, keep it. Usually it is the ballot.

As a school owner, you also get a vote if your school is registered.

You would have two votes as long as you are registered and current.

get an independent to run. Get behind someone who is running. Or register coaches and have them take the AC on the web and vote Kevin out.

Now it is going to get complicated as Kevin has appointed a task force to review the USAT - starting with the board. They have announced that they will not have elections prior to the meeting. They agreed that they will not fill vacant seats. They agreed this at a meeting in November and just announced it. It is a power grab.

1. There was no legal meeting in November. You can't decide something and not put the minutes out etc...
2. Kevin can't appoint anyone on his own.
3. The guys appointed, look to the backgrounds and then look West to CA.
4. There are those who would consider it a conflict of interest for Kevin to spearhead changing election procedures and the makeup of the board during an election year - one in which he is running for election.

We stopped Stay and play - next it is time to stop the rest. Read Larry Voorhees notes on the last board meeting on my website or on tkdtoday.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You've taken the coaching program? Ok - Call Amanda and make sure you are registered as a coach. In the fall they will vote, this year on Hangastar. I assume u will get an email telling you how. If you get a letter, keep it. Usually it is the ballot.

As a school owner, you also get a vote if your school is registered.

You would have two votes as long as you are registered and current.

get an independent to run. Get behind someone who is running. Or register coaches and have them take the AC on the web and vote Kevin out.

We stopped Stay and play - next it is time to stop the rest. Read Larry Voorhees notes on the last board meeting on my website or on tkdtoday.

Yes, I have been a level 1 since they introduced the program (USAT). Had the voting preference as an athlete prior (not that i ever seen anything from that either)
I am also certified Ref. (best coaches should know the rules from a ref's point of view!!!!!) About 2 years ago, I changed my voting preference to Referee because a close aquaintance asked us to support him in voting on referee issues, but never got any type of voting choices for that either, this year I changed back to coach voting. So i will see if I ever get anything for that. But experience has been, since USAT was "formed", I have never actually seen or been given a chance to vote.

who knows, maybe all this time someone was forging my vote!!!!!

I hope to get to vote... I would like to change some of the crap going on.

thanks for the info.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
oh... if any of you can....

when the voting starts or you hear about it, can you post the notice hear so i can look for it or a way to do it.

Thanks

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well you can bet I will be voting this year. I too am a level 1 but have never voted. Shame on me.

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well you can bet I will be voting this year. I too am a level 1 but have never voted. Shame on me.

1/2 the referees voted last time. 10% of the coaches. Kevin Padilla beat Jin Suh by 1 vote. Coaches need to make sure they are registered and vote. More importantly you need to get behind a candidate. Get your athletes - who can't vote this time to register as referees or coaches. Frankly the referees are well organized - so if it is a coin flip - register as a coach.

You have a coach rep who does not know or follow the bylaws and thinks he is president. He supports everything that you have complained about on here and elsewhere - the selection camps, being on the committee to select National Assistant Coaches, while a candidate for same - etc.....

Vote for him if you support him, vote against him if you don't - but vote.

cmassman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
well this issue is dead until next year when it become mandatory for all players to stay at a USAT hotel, see everyone at the AAU Nationals.

No sense in letting something die when you have a perfectly good horse to beat.

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No sense in letting something die when you have a perfectly good horse to beat.

While I normally agree with you, in this case, this is not a dead horse. Askinas' note says that it will be mandatory next year. So we can be like DA and be reactive and wait for it to rear its ugly head next year, or we can be proactive and work to:

a) keep it from happening next sure
b) make sure it is a dead horse forever
c) we take care of the people who created this issue in the first place with no forethought to outcome. Translation - vote out those who did not protect their constituents on this or the selection camps or the top down philosophy and secret meetings with no minutes where decisions are made.

This horse isn't dead - it's bucking like crazy - that is unless you are thrilled and happy with Stay to Play, selection camps, secret meetings with no minutes, violations of IRS statutes etc..

cmassman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
This horse isn't dead - it's bucking like crazy - that is unless you are thrilled and happy with Stay to Play, selection camps, secret meetings with no minutes, violations of IRS statutes etc..

Violation of an IRS statute can make a guy feel all warm and fuzzy

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Violation of an IRS statute can make a guy feel all warm and fuzzy

there are a long list of them. IN fact, someone I know (not me though) filed a complaint with the IRS over these. They got a confirmation that it is being looked into.