Government destroys documents on 9/11 put-options - a smoking gun for an inside job?

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Please stop volunteering to give away my privacy. I'm very much against it. I would not willingly give away yours.

This is what I'm talking about, Bill. You are reading too much into this.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This is where you would file information regarding put or call options. It is one of the forms on the list I provided.

13-F requires institutional investors with at least $100 millions in holding to report on what they are holding on a quaterly basis. It is not details of transactions.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
13-F requires institutional investors with at least $100 millions in holding to report on what they are holding on a quaterly basis. It is not details of transactions.

They certainly do require details. You need to report your puts and calls and a number of other things.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
They certainly do require details. You need to report your puts and calls and a number of other things.

Wrong.

Question 8

Q:What information must institutional investment managers report on Form 13F?A:Among other things, Form 13F filings must include:
  • the issuer name of all Section 13(f) securities (which should be listed in alphabetical order);
  • a description of the class of security listed (e.g., common stock, put/call option, class A shares, convertible debenture);
  • the number of shares owned; and
  • the fair market value of the securities listed, as of the end of the calendar quarter.

It's a total per class, per issuer owned by that institutional investor. Key words being total and owned.

No where is there a details of transactions during that quarter. Nor is there and details on whose behalf transactions were made. Comparative analysis of consecutive reports will give you net difference of securities owned by that insttutional investor. That's it.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wrong.

It's a total per class, per issuer owned by that institutional investor. Key words being total and owned.

No where is there a details of transactions during that quarter. Nor is there and details on whose behalf transactions were made. Comparative analysis of consecutive reports will give you net difference of securities owned by that insttutional investor. That's it.

I think you misread that Q&A. I spent until 11:30 reading the actual documents and school of law reviews on the matter trying to verify what other financial analysts and reporters have said. The SEC even said they had the information and it was destroyed. How are you so sure on this matter? What is your background?

I'm going to shoot an e-mail to a friend of mine who was an investment manager on Wall Street and we'll see what he says as well. BTW - this is plenty of information to start an investigation into who had insider information...

Last edited:

Latest Discussions