Got Motorcycles?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JeffJ said:
Probably decided you didn't have enough money for her tastes based on your bike.

Jeff

Another popular misconception is that Harley are ultra expensive, they are not otherwise I could have never afforded one..Harley credit makes it easier to get one..They helped me and my credit rating is just so-so..

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tradrockrat said:
Or Brittish, or Italian

Ive ridden a Ducati ( Italian) and it was fast..The Triumph (British) was also a sweet bike..The fastest I was ever on was the 1976 Kawa KZ-1..I don't dislike other bikes. my passion is Harleys...

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Drac said:
Ive ridden a Ducati ( Italian) and it was fast..The Triumph (British) was also a sweet bike..The fastest I was ever on was the 1976 Kawa KZ-1..I don't dislike other bikes. my passion is Harleys...

Hey Drac, have you seen the new Triumph Daytona 675? Looks mean in graphite or red, not sure of the yellow colour they have though. Their factories are about 30 ish miles from where I live.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kensai said:
Hey Drac, have you seen the new Triumph Daytona 675?

Yes I have...You are correct, they LOOK MEAN...

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Speaking as someone who hasn't been able to ride for a few months, and won't be able too again till at least September, I hate you all!!

Nothing personal though,

Jeff

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Drac said:
Yes I have...You are correct, they LOOK MEAN...

:ultracool Yeah baby. To be honest, I'm like a kid in a sweet shop when I go into bike shops. Just walk round with a big smile on my face, and I don't even ride. Yet.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kensai said:
I'm like a kid in a sweet shop when I go into bike shops. Just walk round with a big smile on my face, and

You and I both..Bike shows or meets are the BEST..

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Drac said:
You and I both..Bike shows or meets are the BEST..

Don't tease me. :) There's a large bike show near me every year, a proper event in a place called the NEC (National Exhibition Centre) in the UK. Imagine several MAAASIVE halls, filled with bikes, bikers, all makes and models.... *Homer Simpson drool - aaaaaghhhhhggggllhghghtttghhhh*....

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Not enough money for her tastes?

Nah, the truth is you prolly didn't have enough leather for her tastes... ;)

Seriously, it's all ego after you get past the two wheels part. If they really like to ride, it don't matter. I'm going on a ride I put together this weekend - mostly my fellow Harley riders, but we got a few hondas and maybe even a yamaha along for the trip as well. It's all good.

Whenever my friends start to get too "Pro-Harley" I just make sure to ride to their clubhouse or the Monday night get together on my old Yamaha SR 500 Thumper. ;)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Drac said:
Another popular misconception is that Harley are ultra expensive, .

They arent ULTRA but you compare them to say... a honda or a yamaha, and you pay SEVERAL thousand more for the comparable Harley.

If you just want a little sporty, then yeah, thats about the same price as my Vstar, give or take.

My instructors Harley Night Train was close to double what my Vstar cost me.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tradrockrat said:
Nah, the truth is you prolly didn't have enough leather for her tastes.

Probably right..

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kensai said:
Imagine several MAAASIVE halls, filled with bikes, bikers, all makes and models

You're killing me!! SEVERAL halls?? I drool at a single hall packed with bikes and babes..

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Drac said:
You're killing me!! SEVERAL halls?? I drool at a single hall packed with bikes and babes..

Mate, these halls are football pitch sized, I kid you not. The place is gargantuan. Check it ----> http://www.motorcycleshow.co.uk/ :asian:

It's best to check out the 2005 event, they're still constructing it for this year.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LIke I said earlier YOUR KILLING ME..Hey, maybe my wife will let me fly over there for a bike show??? NOT....

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Drac said:
LIke I said earlier YOUR KILLING ME..Hey, maybe my wife will let me fly over there for a bike show??? NOT....

Lol, sorry dude, I'll let you all know what it was like. ;)

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I thought I would revive my thread.

I look forward to the day I can ride it but for now it will sit in the garage where I can wash and wax it everyday. Snowing here in Minnesota!! I still have to take my beginner's rider class along with the refresher class that is offered anyways which is a month away. (promised the g/f that I would take the second class since it can't do any harm and could do nothing but good)

Here is my very 1st bike ( I won't mention how I didn't even know how to turn it on. :) )
'06 Honda CBR600RR. I got it below KBB and NADA listing from a private dealer.

SANY0603.jpg

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Very nice, though not the standard 'first bike'. Be careful on her!

I sold my Beemer last year, but kept my '96 CBR1100xx BlackBird. The Bird handled better in the rain, and is a few hundred pounds lighter. No knock on the Beemer though, that was overall the nicest bike I've ever ridden.

Here's the Beemer (and a nice Charvel)

bikeandaxe.JPG

I don't think I have a pic of the Blackbird...I'll have to check on that.

Here's my old CBR900RR, but this pic is about 6 years old now.

bikeandVette.JPG

Aikicomp

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I had a 1975 H-2 (2nd bike)

H2_2.jpg

I now have a 2004 ZRX1200R

hawksnest600x800.jpg

Michael

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni