Who owns and rides motorcycles?

Kenpoist

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Suzuki Intruder - I will probably be selling it to move to an American V-Twin that I can customize. Looking at H-D, but I really like the Victory Kingpin. I have been riding for 2 years and like the freedom I feel when riding.

Anyone on this site do any customization - something in the martial arts realm (paintjobs etc..)?

I would like to design a kenpo theme bike at some point - dragons/ fire/ tigers etc..

CTKempo Todd

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi Guys...

I ride one of the most underrated, underappreciated bike's in the world..
Which is why I like it so much.

The Honda ST1300
It is almost as fast a sportbike (relax sporties..I said almost)
Yet I can go as long as I want in all day Goldwing comfort...

Some of its features:
I have a range of 280 - 325 miles on one tank (no not a typo) My max range was 327
0-60 in 3.4 seconds..
Electrically adjustable windshield than can lower or raise over 7 inches..
Wind in your face? push down on the button of awe..Cold or raining? up she goes..
Don't want the trunk or side bags..off they come
She can be leaned way over...If she falls over (don't ask me about this one LOL) the built in crash bars hit the ground and nothing else..

Its really a great all around bike..Very much unde the radar...I get so many 'what is that' comments..makes me smile
You cruiser types if and when you get over the 'cool' or 'chrome' factor, owe it to yourself to jump on a 13 or any sport tourer for that matter.FJR, RT (frankly the power fo the Busa freaking scares me)..you'll never want to go back..
Hell I've had mine for a year and have 21,000 miles on her...

However whatever you ride, be safe and I'll wave no matter what you got..

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I love those ST's! Really cool bikes, but I'll never get over the "cool" factor of my cruiser - I'm getting a Roadking soon for touring - then your gonna see a sporty (my current bike) that eats other bikes for breakfast... after the customization and engine work.

I love the under appreciated true performers out there, but the need soul. The ST has it, my SR500 Yamaha has it, and of course Harley's have it in spades.

BTW - chrome sucks. ;)

Colin_Linz

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I read an article recently on an ST here in Australia. It had been done up with cosmetically and performance wise, it was reported to have in excess of 200 hp! Now that sounds scary.

Colin_Linz

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I no longer have my old Ducati. I sold it a few weeks ago and bought a VTR1000F. As much as I loved the Ducati my changing needs dictated a change of bike. When I bought the Ducati it was just a toy to have fun on. Due to one of my sons writing off one of our cars I now need to use the bike as regular transport. The Ducati with its kick start and aversion to rain was just not a practical choice. The VTR is a great bike, and even though it is practical it certainly doesn’t lack in the fun factor. I took it for a good thrash over a couple of local mountains last weekend and while its performance could be improved, mainly the front end, it was by no means slow and proved to be a very competent bike in this environment.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just added a Stereo to my VStar.

177361342_27ade02082.jpg

Whaddaya think? It sounds pretty good, up to about 60. Over 60... it depends on the MP3 Im playing and what volume level I ripped it at.

Monadnock

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I picked up an '06 CBR1000RR in black back in Feb. (I think we had another thread around here somewhere, but I like bikes a lot so the more threads the better.)

This is my first liter sportbike, and all I have to say is 'these things are sick!'

I've put on 3600 miles on it this year already. No real mods yet, except some flushmount signals up front. I'm thinking of a slip-on exhaust to change the sound a bit, but honestly, I don't think I need to give it much more power. Where else can you spend 10k and go 180mph? Not on a Vett, or a Lambo, or a Porshe...hehehe.