Any bikers in the house??

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I just bought my first motorbike at the tail end of 2006. Passed my test in November and I love it!! Got a sweet little Kawasaki ER-6f (sorry can't post a pic due to my rubbish-ness at all things digital!)

Would be interested to know if anyone else rides and do you have any tips for newbies??

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So far I've been the passenger. (With the exception of my sons dirt-bike, I ride that.) But I have been considering getting a motorcycle license in the spring.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had them in the past and they are simply a blast! Enjoy it alot! Whatever you do though do not buy the line that we need some money for Medical School from your wife. Once you sell your bike it is hard to get one back until your real old.:rofl:

OP
wee_blondie

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Whatever you do though do not buy the line that we need some money for Medical School from your wife. Once you sell your bike it is hard to get one back until your real old.:rofl:

Erm....thanks for the advice.... Not married a girl yet, still working my way through the men! My folks split up a few years ago, and when I decided to get my licence, my dad took the opportunity to get back into bikes....I added him to my insurance policy and he's having a blast! Can't wait till he gets his own and we can go cruisin'

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Been riding since 1968..Harleys...Don't count on those in cars seeing or hearing you..Drive Defensievly

OP
wee_blondie

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
For sure Drac, I've already come close to getting smushed by car drivers who just don't look! Thankfully, riding with my eyes open pays off. The police here do a "bikesafe" course from time to time so I'm hoping to enroll in the next one.

Harley's? Cool :ultracool .....my dad wants one of those!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ex-girlfriend once gave me a ration of crap about my bike, she ended with the sentence "You'll be riding all by herself"..Her brother chimed with "He rides a Harley, he won't ride alone for long"..It was WW III in her house aftyer that statement...Sorry off topic, but its a good story..

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To me that sounds like an excellent reason to ride a bike!!

I love getting away by myself for weekends etc; can't wait to do it on the bike!!

During my single I would do that a lot ..Jump on and head one direction until I got bored and then head back...

OP
wee_blondie

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Amen to that! My philosophy is "If you don't have a destination, you can't get lost" Makes driving a lot less stressful!! :ultracool

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I ride a Honda 1100 Sabre.

I enjoy my bike and hope you will enjoy yours for many years to come.

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
'06 Honda ST1300 for me...
I love the looks I get when I go by people...I get the, "What the hell is that thing?" deal...

Latest Discussions