Any bikers in the house??

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Erm....thanks for the advice.... Not married a girl yet, still working my way through the men! My folks split up a few years ago, and when I decided to get my licence, my dad took the opportunity to get back into bikes....I added him to my insurance policy and he's having a blast! Can't wait till he gets his own and we can go cruisin'

Well whatever you do don't let them ride your bike! If they go along they get to be the passenger!:rofl:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My advice, get rid of the Sportbike and get a Cruiser.

:D

Nah, but seriously, I had 2 little sporties before I bought my first cruiser, (a Gixxer and a Ninja) now that I switched, I cant imagine going back... I rode From Chicago to Maryland, to New York and Back to Chicago in 4 days... I can't imagine that on a Crotchrocket...

177361342_27ade02082.jpg

There she is with the stereo freshly installed on the handlebars last spring...

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We're into off road riding. It use to be me and my buddies riding our dirt bikes on the weekends. NOW, it's me and my buddies and our son's riding our dirt bikes on the weekends. You shold see those little guys on their little Yamaha dirt bikes, lol.

bigkicks

White Belt
Reaction score
wear your leathers, wash ur bike, but never armoral ur tires, and be sure before u hit the turns fast warm the tires!!!!

OP
wee_blondie

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
VFR 750F

Oh yeah.

Sweet....

And Cryozombie - love the stereo!! Unfortunately, Scottish roads aren't really built for cruisin' but they are a lot of fun. Long and windey with some of the most stunning scenery around.....and a good whisky to finish the day off with.

Ronin Moose

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't want to say I've been riding a long time, but.......

Attachments

• $Future Biker.jpg
    $Future Biker.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 93

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
wear your leathers, wash ur bike, but never armoral ur tires, and be sure before u hit the turns fast warm the tires!!!!

Excellent suggestions!!! Purchase a repair manual like the shops use..You'd be surprized at how much money you can save my doing some simple repairs yourself..

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
True story..Out riding on a beautiful Summer day...The "Glide" had been washed and waxed and was looking good..I pulled up to a light next to a Rolls Royce, an older gent was behind the wheel..He looked over at my Harley and admired it and I checked out his ride..Before the light changed he rolled down his window looked me straight in the eye and said in a perfect Oxford English "Before you ask,NO, I don't have any Grey Poupon"..I laugh so hard I almost dropped the bike..I caught him at the next light and he was STILL laughing...

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
True story..Out riding on a beautiful Summer day...The "Glide" had been washed and waxed and was looking good..I pulled up to a light next to a Rolls Royce, an older gent was behind the wheel..He looked over at my Harley and admired it and I checked out his ride..Before the light changed he rolled down his window looked me straight in the eye and said in a perfect Oxford English "Before you ask,NO, I don't have any Grey Poupon"..I laugh so hard I almost dropped the bike..I caught him at the next light and he was STILL laughing...
Now that's funny, right there...I don't care who you are, that's funny...

OP
wee_blondie

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Nice ride you got there! Did the sunglasses come with it?? :ultracool

PS - I may be a little slow, but could someone please tell me what a Poupon is??!

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice ride you got there! Did the sunglasses come with it?? :ultracool

PS - I may be a little slow, but could someone please tell me what a Poupon is??!
It's fancy(and horrible tasting) mustard...
The reference was from a commercial that aired for, I don't know, 10 years, or so..

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't have one right now, but have been riding for most of my life. Dad brought home one of the kids sized bikes (not a mini bike, but styled like the full sized ones.) back in 68 when I was 5 and I haven't quit sense. I can still remember Moms reaction when he pulled into the driveway and hauled that out of the back of his truck, and I quote: "Have you completly lost your mind Duane!" Had my first brand new shiny one in 1973. Man I have to get one for this Summer now.

My brother and his son both race motocross.

Dad bought his first Harley when he was 16, which would have been back in 1940, it was an older side shift model but the exact model excapes my memory right now.

Dream bike: original condition 1937 Indian Four, but don't really have a wad of cash to drop on one. I would take an older Hog though.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's what I like to see, a man who wears his riding gear...

I find that when I don't wear somehting for a while, it tends to shrink just sitting in the closet :)

I'm a big fan of Joe Rocket Gear. I bought the phoenix jacket when I got my first bike. It and my gloves are the only pieces of equipment that I still have from that experience. The gloves need to be replaced from wear, however.

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sold my first car at 17 to buy a bike - never owned anything with 4 wheels again until 2000, but have ALWAYS had 2 wheels to ride. I ride every day to work, and put between 20-30 thousand miles a year on my bikes. I currently have a 96 1200 Sporty and a 78 Yamaha SR500. The Yamer was my Pops and was the first bike I ever got a ride on.

I will be getting a new Road King in the next Year.

Before I got married I took two weeks to ride the country by myself (it was my Bachelor Party ;) ). I put 4000 miles on the Sporty in 2 weeks. Went from Los Angeles to Vegas to Rt. 66 to 4 corners to San Juan Skyway to Sturgis, to Badlands, to Black Hills to Mineapolis to the Manitowac ferry from Wisconson to Michigan to Toronto Canada to New York to Maryland where I got married. Trailored it home with my New Bride.

I'm a biker... ;)

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Manitowac ferry from Wisconson to Michigan

Then you drove right through my hometown area. Born in Ludington, MI where the ferry between MI and Manitowac loads and unloads. Used to take the Cub Scouts through the old "Badger" for a transportation outing.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sold my first car at 17 to buy a bike - never owned anything with 4 wheels again until 2000, but have ALWAYS had 2 wheels to ride

Once bitten by the bike bug it stays with ya FOREVER...

tradrockratI will be getting a new Road King in the next Year.[/quote said:

Latest Discussions