good quotes!

B

Baytor

That whole scene was great. I almost posted the whole quote when he was describing it, but it was too long.:ak47:

Aqua4ever

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sigh..Quotes...Love them, my room is plastered in my favourites..here are a few

Part time effort leads to Full time failure

Train hard and the fight is easy, train easy and the fight is hard

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.

A Smile is a curve that can straighten a lot of things out

You don’t love someone because they are beautiful, they are beautiful because you love them

No one ever drowned in sweat.

And my latest favourite that was just told to me the other day before a friend went up to present a pattern
"Confidence must first be back competence"

I think thats all for now...probably think of a few more good ones later
Aqua :D

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score

That whole scene was great. I almost posted the whole quote when he was describing it, but it was too long

Yeah, I started thinking "Any of you primates..." then realized....probably too much.

For some reason that reminds me of "Big Trouble in Little China" and I think there were some good quotes in there, but I can't seem to recall any..

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
From the horrible "Lake Placid" trying to id the body of the latest croc victom the sheriff holds up the head as asks is this your friend? Witness"I don't know he looked a little taller"

Napeleon Dynaomit "you have to get your stuff out of my locker, there's no romm for my nunchucks"
"Love is the illusion that one woman is significantly different from another" Oscar Wilde?
todd

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score

From the horrible "Lake Placid" trying to id the body of the latest croc victom the sheriff holds up the head as asks is this your friend? Witness"I don't know he looked a little taller"

Close. It was..I believe, a toe. But the line was "I remember him as taller" (although IMDB credits it to the Sherrif and has it as "He seemed...taller" and I thought it was Oliver Platt's character)

Anyway, I rather enjoyed that movie, but I hang out at BadMovies.org so what do I know?

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
One of my personal favorites (Courtesy of Animal House):

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son"

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
"My advice to you is... Start drinking heavily."

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
More quotes....

From the hilarious movie Bubba HoTep*:
Elvis: Ask not what your rest home can do for you. Ask what you can do for your rest home.
JFK: Hey, you're copying my best lines!
Elvis: Then let me paraphrase one of my own. Let's take care of business.
JFK: Just what are you getting at, Elvis?
Elvis: I think you know what I'm gettin' at Mr. President. We're gonna kill us a mummy.

Elvis: Don't make me use my stuff on ya, baby!

"A teacher shouldn’t teach you to be good. They should teach you how to teach yourself to be good." - Mr. John Sepulveda

*Based on a short story by Texas writer & martial artist Joe Lansdale. I highly recommend it; you can rent it at Blockbuster or Netflix. (If you like Bruce Campbell movies, you'll probably like this one too. :D )

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Women are like Voltron...the more you can hook up, the better it gets. :D

everyone go visit redvsblue.com right now...:D

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
"Ok Mike, your're ready. Now remember, stick and move, stick and move, slip the jab, slip the jab, hit him once, hit him twice, if you have to hit him a third time, you aren't hittinh hard enough!" Tim Smith to me before my first kick boxing match.

B

Baytor

FearlessFreep said:
That whole scene was great. I almost posted the whole quote when he was describing it, but it was too long

Yeah, I started thinking "Any of you primates..." then realized....probably too much.

For some reason that reminds me of "Big Trouble in Little China" and I think there were some good quotes in there, but I can't seem to recall any..
I just saw Big Trouble in Little China again the other day. Love that one too.

"When some wild 8 foot tall maniac grabs your neck, backs the back of your favorite head against a bar room wall and looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if you've paid your dues, well you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye and you remember what old Jack Burton always does at a time like that. Have you paid your dues Jack? Yes sir, The check is in the mail"

"It's all in the reflexes."

"Hey, don't worry. I can handle it, I took something. I can see things no else can see. Why are you dressed like that?"

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.

B

Baytor

If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying. If you get caught cheating, you aren't trying hard enough.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Love is a promise made, already broken." -Steve Martin.

"Your hate has made you powerful" - Emperor Palpatine

"Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"Let them hate, so long as they fear." - Lucius Accius

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'd go to France, except for all the foreigners there" Stve Martin

Todd

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
"Always love your country. Love your government only when it deserves it."

Mark Twain