going for purple belt

S

SingingTiger

By the way, thanks to KenpoTess and Mr. Conatser for clarifying a few things! (I'm glad someone else brought this thread back to the top!)

Rich

C

Chu-Chulain

Originally posted by KenpoTess
These are used in EPAK :) Though not all schools utilize the freestyle.. Mr. Conatser (Goldendragon7) is my instructor and he uses every one of them ~!!

I see you're a blue belt.. what Kenpo system do you train in?

Basically I am training in an EPAK school, but clearly not covering quite the same material as others. Maybe the freestyle is something that will be introduced later, or maybe not...

I would be interested in finding out more, if for no other reason than a thirst for knowledge! Any suggestions of where to get more info?

Thanks...

C

Chu-Chulain

Originally posted by KenpoTess
These are used in EPAK :) Though not all schools utilize the freestyle.. Mr. Conatser (Goldendragon7) is my instructor and he uses every one of them ~!!

I see you're a blue belt.. what Kenpo system do you train in?

Hey, I just checked your profile and see you quote Samurai Jiu-Jitsu. Are you studying this currently, or in the past? How much experience do you have?

I used to train in England, many, many years ago. Great art and good compliment to Kenpo. I wish I could find a local school, but BJJ appears to be on every corner now I can't find the traditional style anywhere :(

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chu-Chulain
Hey, I just checked your profile and see you quote Samurai Jiu-Jitsu. Are you studying this currently, or in the past? How much experience do you have?

I used to train in England, many, many years ago. Great art and good compliment to Kenpo. I wish I could find a local school, but BJJ appears to be on every corner now I can't find the traditional style anywhere :(

Yeppers.. Samurai Jiu-jitsu is very complementary to American Kenpo.. especially so for women in my humble opinion :) I studied it for 6 yrs and since our transition to EPAK we have all we can handle working on the I.K.K.O. Curriculum :) We do play with Penjak Silat and Kali one night a week which is alot of fun ~!

We teach Kenpo at the local college and still incorporate Samurai Jiu-jitsu to those students (good to keep up on it)
I hope you find a school to meet your wants :)

Tess

S

stacks

good luck and have fun and you will be fine, I tell my students not to think of it as a test, it is another day of kenpo and you are doing what you love, so it is not work. do not try to think about what to do - just do it, most of all RELAX

stacks

Latest Discussions