Mr Lamkin Kenpo Karate

• Thread starter Chicago Green Dragon
  • Start date
C

Chicago Green Dragon

Does anybody know anything about this Kenpo website

http://www.arnis.org/kenpo/homestudy.htm

I have seen it before but I was wondering if anybody had any experience with its dealing before. I think its run by Mr Lamkin.
Does anybody know anything about Mr Lamkin ?

Chicago Green
Dragon :asian:

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Green Dragon,

I believe I have heard of him. I have read some of his information on Family Groupings. The information provided in the write-ups were very helpful, but I am not sure of any background information on the gentleman.

I would be interested as well to hear others.

Good journey!

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh

OP
C

Chicago Green Dragon

Hello True2Kenpo

Thank you for your reply and information.

I think that since this is a big community talk group someone should be able to give us both some more enlightment on this gentleman.

Chicago Green

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chicago Green Dragon
Does anybody know anything about Mr Lamkin ?
Chicago Green Dragon

When I emailed them to inquire about their lineage I got no response in return ........just like I did with Lee Bachman.

:idunno:

OP
C

Chicago Green Dragon

Thank you GD7 for the effort.

Maybe in a day of two we might hear something from them.

Chicago Green

KenpoEMT

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I am not to concerned with lineage, but today I found some very interesting information about the Kevin and Eric Lamkin:

http://www.elite-fighters.com/home/aboutus/kenpo_history1.htm

This is a five part article detailing their Kenpo history.

I found the Lamkin brothers listed on Al Tracy's family tree on the Tracy Kenpo site. Also, apparently they were listed in the credits of Sophisticated Basics (the only 2 professional videos released by Mr. Parker). Information about their promotions given by Mr. Parker is located in the link above.
I understand that they teach both Tracy and Parker Kenpo in addition to having developed their own system: the Elite-Fighter System.
The Elite-Fighter System actually looks quite challenging.

I respect the Lamkin brothers.

I hope this helps.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Theban_Legion welcome to Martial Talk :wavey: I also found some of their information on family groupings to be interesting. Theban_Legion have you ever trained with either of the Lamkin brothers?

KenpoEMT

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome!

No, I haven't trained with either of the Lamkin brothers, but I certainly would like to. I have purchased a few of their products:

The Library of Kenpo: Awesome resource! When they mailed it to me, it came in a couple of boxes (I think it was a couple of boxes; it might have been just one decent size box). The Orange Belt manual alone was easily a couple of hundred pages. Lots of detail: Principles, What-If considerations, target areas and effects, ect. Each belt level was like that. I still have my Ikka journals (yellow-2nd brown), but the Lamkin bro's Library of Kenpo is by far the better resource (IMHO).

The Rapid Review Vids: Incredibly helpful. There was a period of time lasting about 2 years when, because of my occupation, I couldn't train regularly. These vids helped tremendously.

Family Roots and Master Key vids and guidebook: Very good resource. There were a couple of times that this series mentioned concepts I hadn't yet considered.

A few months ago (I think it was a few months anyway :) ) I purchased the Library on CD-ROM. I'm very glad I did! It included the rapid review manuals for both tech. and forms.

All in all, I'm very impressed with the Lamkin bro's work, and I would train with them in a heart-beat if I had the opportunity.

hongkongfooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
Theban_Legion said:
Thank you for the welcome!

No, I haven't trained with either of the Lamkin brothers, but I certainly would like to. I have purchased a few of their products:

The Library of Kenpo: Awesome resource! When they mailed it to me, it came in a couple of boxes (I think it was a couple of boxes; it might have been just one decent size box). The Orange Belt manual alone was easily a couple of hundred pages. Lots of detail: Principles, What-If considerations, target areas and effects, ect. Each belt level was like that. I still have my Ikka journals (yellow-2nd brown), but the Lamkin bro's Library of Kenpo is by far the better resource (IMHO).

The Rapid Review Vids: Incredibly helpful. There was a period of time lasting about 2 years when, because of my occupation, I couldn't train regularly. These vids helped tremendously.

Family Roots and Master Key vids and guidebook: Very good resource. There were a couple of times that this series mentioned concepts I hadn't yet considered.

A few months ago (I think it was a few months anyway :) ) I purchased the Library on CD-ROM. I'm very glad I did! It included the rapid review manuals for both tech. and forms.

All in all, I'm very impressed with the Lamkin bro's work, and I would train with them in a heart-beat if I had the opportunity.
I just looked at the sample for delayed sword from the library of Kenpo. WOW! They have a bunch of information there. I can where this would be very useful.

cblaze230

White Belt
Reaction score
i too ordered the library on cd-rom and found the information included just amazing. i trained for 6 years in Tracy's system and due to an unfortunate series of events my instructor was forced to close up shop. i contacted the Lamkin's via email several times to inquire about the distance learning as there aren't any EPAK schools in my area and they were very helpful. i will be ordering the complete system now that i know how in depth the information is.

Latest Discussions