Gm David German Rip

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
KENPOJOE said:
For Danjo's edification:
I received a call from several individuals including the last person to see him alive...For once I wish it was just a mistake. But no, My instructor is dead. David German died yesterday evening after teaching a seminar in Aiken,NC and wnet back to the hotel to rest. Presently the likely reason for his passing was massive heart attack. I have spent the greater part of the day contacting everyone from Christian Harfouche to Gene Lebell to Larry Tatum informing them of the loss their instructor,mentor or friend. Right now when I'm not crying I feel like "there's a hole in my heart where the rain comes in..."
I understand your comment,danjo, but this was MY instructor and my friend and it hurts like hell to lose him.
I honestly wish to god that it was all a hoax because I'd gladly take the beating from hell from Mr. German just to know he was alive...But he's not...and right now i'm a basket case over it...
pray for my fallen friend,
KENPOJOE
:waah: :wah:

I'm sorry for your loss. For the record, I wasn't trying to be offensive, but rather sure of the facts given the nature of the internet. Take care.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
May God rest his soul. :asian:

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
KENPOJOE said:
Greetings,
It is with heartfelt sadness and deep personal loss that I must announce that GM David German, founder of the T.A.I. martial arts system [TAI KARATE,TAI KUNGFU,TAI KENPO]has passed away at the age of 65.He was a wonderful instructor, a great man and a good friend and i shall miss him everday of my life. I will pass along more information as it becomes available.
Thank you for your time,
KENPOJOE

I am sorry for your loss.

My sincerest condolences,

Matt

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
He made a positive impact on the martial arts in the USA from what I've seen. And his spirit lives on through all of the good instructors he's created.

Your Brother
John

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is the first I have heard of this. It is always said to hear when the inevitable happens.
My first teacher was Virgil Kimmey, a 10 dan under German. Kimmey died a few years ago, so all of his black belts started ranking directly under David German. This news affects me and all of my colleagues directly.
I wonder what will happen now. Many of Kimmey's old students have gotten their 7th-10th degrees from German. I wonder if they will switch teachers, stay at their current ranks, or start self-promoting.
I guess we will find out in a few years.

AoG