Global warming dials up our risks, UN report says

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So as to the people to trust in relation to global warming we have a small number of people funded big time by the oil companies and hundreds of reputable scientists on the other. What I found very interesting was funds made available, not to prove climate change research was wrong, to discredit reputable independent scientists.
Except these 100s of "reputable" scientists are being paid by someone they are not just doing it to be swell guys. They have a financial stake in making sure global warming is real and is man made so they can keep getting funded

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
A video that explains the " trick"...the trick used to hide the temperature decline, not the math "trick" they lied about...

The discussion of the "trick" comes in at minute 2 on the video...before that he explains why other scientists agreed with something that wasn't true...they trusted a lie...
http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2012/11/26/was-manns-hockey-stick-fraudulent/

That is a easy call for anyone with an IQ over 10.

Mann plotted a thousand years of proxy data as reliable, and then threw out the post-1960 proxy data – because they didn’t show the warming he was out to prove.

The proxies showed exactly what thermometers did at the time – before Hansen altered the thermometer data.

As alarmist hero Richard Muller said – “we don’t do that in science”

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's just a matter of priorities, which is really the point I'm making. Why don't the people in charge of the purse strings focus on researching these feasible low cost solutions to global warming? Why do they instead focus on completely reshaping society, instituting a global carbon tax, and creating an overarching global bureaucracy to manage it all?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...xes-proposed-by-the-united-nations-last-week/
I agree with you. I have difficulty understanding how a carbon tax will do anything but increase costs to those least able to pay. The more wealthy will just complain and cough up, but in the end I don't see how that will reduce polution.

There should be initiatives at all levels. However, in the longer term we do need to eliminate things like coal fired power generation. Another huge problem is the clearing of old growth forests in places like the Amazon basin and Indonesia. In the past mankind has lifted to the occasion and I hope that this will happen again.
:asian:

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Except these 100s of "reputable" scientists are being paid by someone they are not just doing it to be swell guys. They have a financial stake in making sure global warming is real and is man made so they can keep getting funded
A cynical view considering what the oil companies are paying. ;)

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well I suppose I should thank you for me spending time researching this issue with regard to Mann. Are you deliberately trying to hide the truth by misrepresenting the published information or are you incapable of reading anything but propaganda?

Mann's original paper covered a period during which they used an approximation that people funded by the oil companies challenged. The data was reanalysed using different criteria and the result was replicated.

Your information on the stolen emails was also explained but you obviously read nothing of that. When I tried to open the links that you posted one wouldn't open at all and the other went to some over the top religious site.

So as to the people to trust in relation to global warming we have a small number of people funded big time by the oil companies and hundreds of reputable scientists on the other. What I found very interesting was funds made available, not to prove climate change research was wrong, to discredit reputable independent scientists.

It is far easier to find misleading articles from skeptics than articles from more reputable sources but if you look hard enough ...

If anything any doubt I had on man's (no pun intended :) ) involvement in global warming has been dispelled. I suppose I should thank you for that too.

It just isn't difficult to cut thru Billc's BS. A very little bit of searching uncovers the truth about his sources.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A video that explains the " trick"...the trick used to hide the temperature decline, not the math "trick" they lied about...

The discussion of the "trick" comes in at minute 2 on the video...before that he explains why other scientists agreed with something that wasn't true...they trusted a lie...
http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2012/11/26/was-manns-hockey-stick-fraudulent/
Please! You have to do better than this guy. He doesn't even have the guts to use his real name.

“Steven Goddard” is a pseudonym used by an anonymous climate denialist crank, so incredibly sloppy that he even embarrassed arch climate denier Anthony Watts, as shown in this link, and as I showed in one of last year’s “sea ice wrap-up” videos.
http://climatecrocks.com/2011/09/14/new-lows-sea-ice-and-steven-goddard-credibility/

Steve Goddard must be feeling shell shocked. Only a few months ago at the winters peak, the Arctic Sea Ice extent (not volume) was almost normal which he touted loudly on his blog, only to see the fastest melt on record to a new low. With the Battle lost he turns his attention to the Antarctic winter and the growing ice there.
http://reallysciency.blogspot.com.au
Steven Goddard got again debunked for producing false data. All two of his graphs on his blog site "Real Science" (the name alone is a scam) were tampered. I could get him so far that he changed the first one. He called it "a small error", but it disproved his whole article.
http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2010/09/18/last-october-through-march-was-the-snowiest-on-record/
http://theidiottracker.blogspot.com.au/2010/09/between-science-and-hard-place.html
Yep! He sure is credible.

Now for your other guy, Richard Muller. How does he stack up?
Mmm! Not much better. You can check out his misinformation here.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And another look at the "climategate" scandal...the original release of e-mails by these "scientists."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/11/24/the_fix_is_in_99280.html

regarding the author of this article, from here http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_is_Robert_Tracinski

Who is Robert Tracinski?

In: Uncategorized [Edit categories]

Answer:
A right wing, inflexible, completely biased political author who caters to exploiting our more intellectually challenged citizens of this country.

I saw a link to a website called conservatives4palin.com that says a lot about his credibility. or lack thereof.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

wow, you really cannot see the difference? holy smokes.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A cynical view considering what the oil companies are paying. ;)

Again both sides are paying billions unlike you I think they are both full of crap. I dont believe either side you just seem to bash oil alone.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
HA! pathetic simpleton. show me where i told you to get rid of your car and stop driving. show me. oh, that's right, you can't.
The people you support say it so you do by association, only they don't want it to apply to themselves. They fly around in private jets and demand I drive a Prius. You call people names for not following you like a sheep how dare I question the "science" because they have never been wrong lol. Yet you make no changes in your own life and chastise others for saying they disagree. But typical since I don't agree with you then you must resort to name calling. Get over yourself your just not that important

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The people you support say it so you do by association, only they don't want it to apply to themselves. They fly around in private jets and demand I drive a Prius. You call people names for not following you like a sheep how dare I question the "science" because they have never been wrong lol. Yet you make no changes in your own life and chastise others for saying they disagree. But typical since I don't agree with you then you must resort to name calling. Get over yourself your just not that important

once again the record speaks for itself.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I agree with you. I have difficulty understanding how a carbon tax will do anything but increase costs to those least able to pay. The more wealthy will just complain and cough up, but in the end I don't see how that will reduce polution.

There should be initiatives at all levels. However, in the longer term we do need to eliminate things like coal fired power generation. Another huge problem is the clearing of old growth forests in places like the Amazon basin and Indonesia. In the past mankind has lifted to the occasion and I hope that this will happen again.

It's good that we can find some common ground here. I'll admit, I'm skeptical of climate change claims after Climategate, but I don't entirely rule it out either. This is why I think exploring these low cost and effective solutions will ultimately be important. I don't see how an agenda of controlling the global society from the top down will ever be able to address this.

Speaking of controlling the global society from the top down, that's what we're really talking about here. Humans can easily solve climate change if it's a problem. For example, the US could give up a few months of war fighting and solve this issue for the whole world. The real issue is the agenda for world government that is being pushed behind climate change. We don't need an overarching global bureaucracy to manage everyone to solve climate change, but people like Al Gore and the rest of the technoplutocrats would have us believe this.

This is an issue that I wish that all of the greenies/liberals would wake up to. There is an agenda being pushed behind climate change that is not meant to solve this issue.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Again both sides are paying billions unlike you I think they are both full of crap. I dont believe either side you just seem to bash oil alone.
Most of the science is undertaken by university researchers in many cases PhD students. They are not paid billions. Many work off government grants. The guys promoting "there is no global warming" are the same guys who were paid to say there was no health problem associated with passive smoking.

I haven't bashed oil. My only reference to reducing greenhouse gasses was in regard to coal fired power generation and clearing of forests. I did say that the oil companies were paying billions to discredit reputable scientists and that is still the case. No one had to pay anything to discredit their lackeys as the rubbish they peddle does that free of charge.

But you are missing the whole point. Until people like you who aren't unintelligent can accept that the world has a problem the situation will just get worse. There is global warming, it is already causing climate change, the changes are already impacting the environment and it is not going to resolve anytime soon. if at all, unless some really bright people can come up with some really smart ideas really soon.

Latest Discussions