Friend Who Smokes

A

adrenaline

One of my best friend has started smoking everytime he thinks there's pressure on him and when he's stressed out. When I'm with him, I stop him from smoking but when I'm not there he smokes. I've tried to explain to him that he can get cancer and other diseases. It's really strange because he goes to a very good school and learns all about the problems caused by smoking, and yet he doesn't stop smoking.

Any advice on how to stop my friends from continuing smoking would be helpful.

Thanks.

OP
F

fist of fury

Punch him in the face everytime he lights up.

OP
A

adrenaline

Could do that, but than again he'd probably punch me back!!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can of pure o2.... spray it at his lit cancer stick...then run....it's an explosive combination.

:asian:

OP
M

Master of Blades

I think what people have got to get into there heads is that you cant change peoples opinions. You can make them think but you cant just change there opinions cuz you think its right. I could go into Detail but I dont think you guys wanna hear it all..........

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Master of Blades
I think what people have got to get into there heads is that you cant change peoples opinions.

YOu shut up and start thinking what I tell you to think...
:rolleyes:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin

YOu shut up and start thinking what I tell you to think...

NOPE! I WILL NOT !
UH-Huh You cannot make me.

Gou is Great !

NOPE! I WILL not

Gou is Great !

NOPE! I will not

Gou is Great !

Nope! I will not

Gou is Great !

Gou Ronin is Great

Gou Ronin is Great

I must fight this feeling

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ;)

Rich

OP
G

GouRonin

...and so...my cult...er...following...begins...
:D

OP
M

Master of Blades

Gou,

Im still not listening.......maybe we should spar it out cuz in my personal opinion I dont think your worthy of a following. I think rich should get one cuz he is an honourable guy! Unlike you So :p in the words of many great movies

"your kung fu no good, mine better. Lets fight!"

I added the lets fight but who cares :shrug: Actually come to think of it....I probably made that saying up.........

OP
G

GouRonin

Because you'll be on pure oxygen when I iz done wit ya!
:mad:
:eek:

OP
M

Master of Blades

You didnt even rise to my post. How........dissapointing. Oh well anyone else wanna rise to it? Just swap your name with Gou and we will get started....... :shrug: :asian:

OP
G

GouRonin

I insulted you.

Right about now you must be feeling woozy from my no-touch knock out power that I am using on you.
:rofl:

Carbon2

White Belt
Reaction score

Are you putting down the way Asians speak english?

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Carbon2
Are you putting down the way Asians speak english?

No, i think he was just making fun of you.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Gou,

Im still not listening.......maybe we should spar it out cuz in my personal opinion I dont think your worthy of a following. I think rich should get one cuz he is an honourable guy! Unlike you So :p in the words of many great movies

I added the lets fight but who cares :shrug: Actually come to think of it....I probably made that saying up.........

Master of Blades,

Thank you for your opinion of me.

This site does have a sense of humor. Some can take it too far, and I am also capable of that act myself. It seems you have a good sense of humor also. I hope you enjoy your stay here on this forum.

Train Well

Rich

OP
M

Master of Blades

Gou,
I realise now that my Kung Fu is inferior to yours. I apoligise for ever doubting in you and I hope I am still allowed to follow you around like a mindless numbskull

Carbon 2,
I agree with Gou, I was just making fun of you :rofl:

And last but not least Rich,
Thanks for that comment much appreciated.

Anyway, back to acting like a mindless drone

GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT GOU IS GREAT .......and so on.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by adrenaline

Any advice on how to stop my friends from continuing smoking would be helpful.

Thanks.

The company I work for does a lot of work with Hospital Patient Education and I have seen a few videos that might convince your friend how and why to stop smoking. Contact me if you are interested, I'm not sure how a person might just buy one copy but I could look into it. You might buy one for your friend and watch it with him.

You might also try getting him/her to talk to
1. An old person who can't quit
2. An athlete/martial artist who has quit
3. A doctor

They can discuss with him what it was like before and after, and in case 1. they might even tell him how if he does not quit, he might not ever be able to. I know it is sort of morbid, but see if you can get an old person with emphysema to talk to him. one of my Great Aunts and Uncles both had it and just listening to them breathe or watching them sit with their Oxygen canister might be enough to jar some sense into your friends' head.

Also a friend of mine went out of the country and was visiting some guy in Thailand with an American Doctor friend. The Thai person found out the Dr. was a Dr. and began to ask him some questions about diabetes or something. The Dr. was very straight and blunt and told him that he if could not fix his diet and exercise that his leg/foot would be amputated. So if you can get a Dr. to speak to your friend like that it might also help. It would work best perhaps if the Dr. had no motivation of taking your friend as a client so your friend could not interpret advice as a "sales pitch."

This website from the American Heart Association also has a few facts that might be useful
http://216.185.112.5/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4545

Hope this helps.
:asian:

OP
G

GouRonin

Gou,
I realise now that my Kung Fu is inferior to yours. I apoligise for ever doubting in you and I hope I am still allowed to follow you around like a mindless numbskull

Your wish is my command.