skater dude

T

theneuhauser

i just got used skateboard from a friend. i thought i might be able to get around campus with it. i took it to school friday.

HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

i was hauling butt around school. feels like im ten years younger when im riding that bad boy. forget motorcycles, forget everything. skating is cool.

i reccomend that anyone who's willing to take a couple falls (most of you) and maybe look a little silly up on that horse to go out and get a skateboard, or snowboard, or a frickin unicycle i dont care. just get out and do something that you dont really need to be doing and have fun doing it!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador

My daughter loves the song "Sk8terBoi" by Avril Lavigne.

Arnisador,

I happen to like the same song. It tells a very nice story wiht a good moral. WOW! in todays Modern Music? Who would have thought it?

Listen and enjoy

Rich
:D

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
...she's 8 years old. She sets the CD to repeat that one song and plays it until her brother's ears bleed.

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hey, I love Avril Lavigne's music. I've got her CD in my car right now. I think "complicated" is my favorite song, because I see so many people act just like the guy in the song, but "Sk8erBoi" is a good one too.

I used to skateboard on occasion, but came to the conclusion that I totally sucked at it, and really didn't have the time to put in to get better at it, so I gave up. My senior year of college, I resorted to a Razor Scooter to get around, and that was really convenient. I got busted for it a couple of times by campus police, but the worst they could do was fine you ten bucks or so.

OP
T

theneuhauser

yes, while the bike riders are forced by campus police to walk through the crowded center at prestigious ASU, i on my skateboard am allowed to gracefully knife my way through the mess at high speeds.

and on a related note, i ate the pavement at about 25 mph last thursday.

OP
T

theneuhauser

dont laugh!!! it hurt. its sunday morning and im still feeling it.:eek:

OP
T

theneuhauser

yep, i bounced like a rubber ball. pain is my friend.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Before I got seriously into MA training, I was a street skater (this is waaaay back when Tony Hawk was still a kid).

Know what's fun? Setting your launch ramp at the bottom of a slope. Know what's even more fun? Having your wheel hit the only hole (perfectly wheel-sized) in the ramp, leaving your board on the ramp and sending you hurtling into the great by-and-by.

It was funny as hell after the pain went away.

Cthulhu