Frank Shamrock vs. Ken Shamrock!!!

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well it has finally been signed and confirmed.
Frank and Ken will finally get it on in the ring in March or April of 2009.

Is this a must watch fight?
What will be better, the events/smack being said leading up to the fight or the fight itself?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm...this is going to be interesting. Any idea what event they'll be fighting in? ie: UFC, etc

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I would like to hear the pre fight smack talk!!

Ken:"Psst I recall when he use to wet the bed."

Frank:"I stole his girlfriend"

I wonder if their parents will be watching.

Kwan Jang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
There has been a lot of bad blood between these two for a long time, so expect some trash talking. Add to that Frank's "public persona" that he uses to help sell tickets and it will probably get too deep for your hip boots. I can almost guarantee that this won't be a UFC event considering the way Frank feels about Dana and co. Plus, if you look at the money Frank was able to make with other promoters, like Scott Coker's STRIKEFORCE event against Cung Le, compared to what other former UFC champs make under Dana, I would opt for something besides UFC too.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
From what I can tell, it started when the two of them were adopted. They apparently never really got along well, even as kids. This is based on my recollections of interviews with both ken and Frank.

Peace,
Erik

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
Frank will destroy ken. Ken is just too old and has no where near the abilities Randy possess'. Ken will get seriously hurt one of these days.

Cheers
Sam:asian:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know it will be an interesting fight even if they are both past there prime. The bad blood and familial issues will make for some interesting drama.

Still I do not think this fight is in Ken's best interest. The reason for that is that Ken is farther past his prime than even Frank is.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm just interested in what kind of MMA game they'll each play. Will they stand up and exchange blows, or duke it out in a grappling game?

Personally, I'd like to see a ton of ground and pound, lots of sweeps, and a tired submission in the final round... But then again, that's how I'd like to see a lot of MMA matches.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I would like to hear the pre fight smack talk!!

Ken:"Psst I recall when he use to wet the bed."

Frank:"I stole his girlfriend"

I wonder if their parents will be watching.

From what i remember Frank no longer talks to their adopted dad, i believe Ken still does, its one of the reasons they dont talk.

A couple years ago i would have liked to see this now im not so sure....hopefully after its over they will see eye to eye again.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know it will be an interesting fight even if they are both past there prime. The bad blood and familial issues will make for some interesting drama.

Still I do not think this fight is in Ken's best interest. The reason for that is that Ken is farther past his prime than even Frank is.
I don't think it'll be a good fight -- for exactly those some reasons! It'll very likely degenerate to a brawl, rather than a good, clean fight.