First fight approaching; need advice

Red Ranger

White Belt
Reaction score
This is my first fight coming up (I'm 16) on June 20th, and I've been doing Muay Thai for about a year now.

What I'm looking to know is, what are some weaknesses my opponent you think will have and how should I exploit them? (Assuming they are fairly fresh themselves)

What offense should I use the most? What are some good combinations to use?

Any help will really help I guess. I just really want to win this.
By the way I am about 5'7, 120 lbs.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't lose control, but on the first shot, hit the guy as hard as you can. Then just fight as you normaly would. It messes with your opponents head.:toilclaw:
Sean

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would go into to the fight that they have no weakness, this way you do not underestimate them. Make the first hit as hard as you can and go with what you have been tought.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The idea is to keep your oponent's mind on the past and worrying about the future; meanwhile, you play in the now.
Sean

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure that you have excellent people in your corner that can give good advice as the fight goes on. This is critical for any fighter's success!
icon6.gif

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know nothing about your opponent. You don't need to worry about him, either.

Fight your fight. Do what your coaches have taught you. Listen to your coaches advice during the fight. If you manage to do that at all in your first fight, you've already won.

MuayThai

White Belt
Reaction score
Get the first shot in. Make it as hard as you can. Then lay back, and if you have good leg kicks, pick away at the inside and outside of his lead leg. Listen to your trainers, you have to trust them if you want to win. Don't get excited, and make sure you breath, ALOT. After everything you throw, and especially if you get stuck in a corner or are starting to get overwhelmed. Most importantly of all, protect yourself at all times, never let your guard down, and never move backwards, always to the side. Good luck, hope you clobber your opponent.
Cheers

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
try not to get hit too much, but hit the other guy a lot, & hard.

you're welcome.

jf

p.s. let us know how it goes, good luck!

Latest Discussions