My First Fight

Motto

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi All - Good to find such an informative bunch of people on the net.
Thanks for all the knowledge i have already gained from your posts.

I have my first fight coming up pretty soon and was wondering if anyone had any good advice.
For some reason the guy i am fighting does not want to use knees or elbows so will only be low legs in use from MT. Elbows i understand as it's a first fight but i am disappointed about the lack of knees as i have trained to use them.
He has also had about 4 or 5 fights so i could use all the help i can get.

Any advice will be much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance : )

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
First of all, good luck!! Make sure your cardio is up to speed. That's one thing you do not want to neglect. How long have you been training? What weight class are you fighting at? When is the fight? Let us know how the fight goes.

Drag'n

Green Belt
Reaction score
Expect to be nervous before your fight, but dont worry about it .Everybody goes through that. Your opponent will too.
Remember to take deep slow breaths.
Go in there with the determination to take your opponent out. Know that you are a winner.
Dont try to go for a KO. Stay calm but aggressive. Attack with combinations. Follow punches with kicks and vice versa.
What ever happens dont give up.Theres always a chance to turn the tables, even if hes better than you.
KEEP YOUR GUARD UP!
And good luck.
What ever the result you'll learn alot just from getting in the ring. Good on you. Just go for it.

mariaclara

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
:ultracool Hi,

as they said, make sure your cardio's ok. do a lotta "shadow bxing" @3min/rd.
that way u wont b huffing/puffin getting beat up in ur 1st fight.

meaning, sure u'll get beat coz ur new.

t at least, dont get beat up coz ur panting almost passing outta breath. hehehe

gd luck dude

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cardio, Cardio, Cardio. Then just relax and do not stress before the fight. (listen to some good music) Shadowbox to warm up right before your fight as the last thing you want to be is cold when the referee starts the match. Good luck.

Latest Discussions