Firearms training?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Airsoft and similar products resemble the real guns (at least in appearance and size).

APOModern

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Aren't those things bulky and toyish like the paintball stuff though?
Have to agree with the above post, some of them are very realistic. I agree they can be toyish, but I have had some replicas that are 1:1 scale externally and have similar weight and feel. For example, there are licensed glock replicas which resemble the 9mm handgun near perfectly, making them great tools for training disarming beyond just the blue dummy firearms.

OP
AlecBeach

AlecBeach

White Belt
Reaction score
Have to agree with the above post, some of them are very realistic. I agree they can be toyish, but I have had some replicas that are 1:1 scale externally and have similar weight and feel. For example, there are licensed glock replicas which resemble the 9mm handgun near perfectly, making them great tools for training disarming beyond just the blue dummy firearms.

That sounds pretty useful, where would you get that kinda thing? Seems pretty pricey for just training if it's anything like a real firearm

APOModern

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
That sounds pretty useful, where would you get that kinda thing? Seems pretty pricey for just training if it's anything like a real firearm
You'd be surprised! I have an Airsoft Glock 17 that's 1:1 scale and resemble the weight, feel, and look of a real one very almost identically that I've used for training. Beats a brick of plastic and while it could be cheaper, I think it's a pretty solid investment for under 200 bucks Airsoft Glock Pistol - Modern Airsoft the Elite Force Airsoft Retail

D

Deleted member 39746

Just check your local laws as there are some weird laws for them in some places.

D

Deleted member 39746

Some may find this interesting.

Just proves you need to pressure test it like you do with knife disarms, surprised not more people get simunitions or at least air soft pistols to try them out.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just proves you need to pressure test it like you do with knife disarms, surprised not more people get simunitions or at least air soft pistols to try them out.
Couple of things with the video.
1. The gunman knew the other guy was going to attempt the disarm. Being prepared mentally for that is a big factor.
2. There was no attempt to distract or avert the gunman's attention.

D

Deleted member 39746

Couple of things with the video.
1. The gunman knew the other guy was going to attempt the disarm. Being prepared mentally for that is a big factor.
2. There was no attempt to distract or avert the gunman's attention.

And the gunman was also point blank range one handed grip.

I just remembered a good point made in another video. Basically, its anecdotal on gun disarms being useful if there is a non violent issue with them. A example he gave was him doing a shooting class and someone getting annoyed and storming off so he needed to remove the firearm from their persons, that sort of thing. Just another viewpoint to take which i don't think it commonly thought about. If i can find it i will link it either on this post or below.

paulschoon

White Belt
Reaction score
I think it really comes down to how well do you know what your doing how many hours have you practices for this and your ability to adapt to your soundings.