Finally put the Smoker together

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to look up the bbq mesh your using but can find plenty of sales but nothing about how it's used etc.

Is it to drain fat as it cooks? Easier to remove than from the grill?

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I tried to look up the bbq mesh your using but can find plenty of sales but nothing about how it's used etc.

Is it to drain fat as it cooks? Easier to remove than from the grill?
Frogmats BBQ smoking mats | Frogmats BBQ
We have all experienced the frustration of grilling delicate foods on the Bar B Que. The food immediately sticks to the grates and tears or crumbles when you try to turn it. The food falls through the openings in the grate and you have one big mess.

Frogmats solve this problem. Food will not stick to the Frogmats and is easy to turn without crumbing.

Frogmats are great for preparing fish and Ka Bobs. Fish will lift off the Frogmats with ease as does the vegetables in Ka Bobs. The open matrix of the Frogmats will eliminate to a large degree any food from falling through the grates.
I basically use then for smaller food items that can fall between the grates. Or when I make jerky it's just easier to move the food on and off the grill and they don't stick. Pretty handy

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Tonight's dinner selection. Pork tenderloin, corn on cob fresh from the farmers market, smoked peaches.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Smoked meat....oh, yum.

How are the peaches? How long do you smoke them? Never saw that before, can't wait to try that.

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Smoked meat....oh, yum.

How are the peaches? How long do you smoke them? Never saw that before, can't wait to try that.
The Peaches were good. I put a little sugar on them cooked them for about 30 min. I had them at a small BBQ joint in Georgia over the summer they put sugar honey and oats on top almost like a cobbler. Thats where I got the idea

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Learning how to cook over the last couple years has been a lot of fun. I was at a BBQ joint on Cape Cod last weekend and had pulled pork, pulled brisket and pulled chicken. Afterwards, enjoyed a nice cigar outside besides the smoker.

Never thought of smoked peaches before. Oh, man, I gotta' get me some of them.

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Pork butts are done now they are wrapped tight resting in a cooler for a little while before pulling

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Brisket has about 2 hours left. Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos are on.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
I see your butt
IMG_2399.jpg
IMG_2406.jpg
And raise you some peaches

IMG_2406.jpg

Last edited:

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Somebody earlier posted about peaches with oats, sugar and honey. I added some butter, too....tasty

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Had some left over pulled pork in the freezer so I made pulled pork Chili
Smoked

Latest Discussions