So it begins

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was curious because I've been using it since the first model came out in the 90's and have loved its versatility ever since. Not many people seem to use it though. Hope you find as much success with it as I have.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I was curious because I've been using it since the first model came out in the 90's and have loved its versatility ever since. Not many people seem to use it though. Hope you find as much success with it as I have.

But of course...as martial artists we all must follow what Chuck says..... or else :eek: he will be displeased :D

I started with the first model as well but I gave that to a family member and replaced it with the XLS back when it first came out.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But of course...as martial artists we all must follow what Chuck says..... or else :eek: he will be displeased :D

I've always been driven by the desire to swimming through concrete. :uhyeah:

I started with the first model as well but I gave that to a family member and replaced it with the XLS back when it first came out.
I actually wore mine out! Lol. I think I'm the only nerd (besides Chuck of course) to do that. Lol. Since I paid $105 at Service Merchandise, you can imagine my shock when I saw the tag on the loaded XLS. :eek:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I think that's about the same fate that over 90% of all the other home exercise equipment suffers....

(I can always ask that Ron Shinner guy to find your videos....when he'
s not busy beating up on Beeker....)

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I actually wore mine out! Lol. I think I'm the only nerd (besides Chuck of course) to do that. Lol. Since I paid $105 at Service Merchandise, you can imagine my shock when I saw the tag on the loaded XLS. :eek:

Actually my XLS is old and I am looking to replace it because it is getting worn out. But when I gave my old one away it was getting a bit worn so I ordered a replacement, I believe it was the Total Gym 1000 but when it arrived much to my surprise what they sent me was an XLS. So I called them to make sure it was right and I was them pleasantly surprised I had ordered during a special upgrade promotion and I got my XLS for the price of a 1000.

Total Gym has special offers from time to time, they had a trade in promotion a while back but I missed it. You just have to keep checking their website

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I think that's about the same fate that over 90% of all the other home exercise equipment suffers....

I got suckered in by the Bowflex commercials one incredibly late night many years ago... it is the most expensive and least useful thing I have ever bought. The only thing I can say good about it is that it has been useful in rehab a few times but the total gym could easily take its place there

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yep. For me, the Solo Flex made the best (and most expensive) clothes hanger.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sole Flex damn near got me too....but then I realized the Solo Flex man was a lot shorter than me and that thing just had to be too small...or at least that is how I talked myself out of buying it :D

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sole Flex damn near got me too....but then I realized the Solo Flex man was a lot shorter than me and that thing just had to be too small...or at least that is how I talked myself out of buying it :D
LOL whatever works :)

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lol. There was no shortage of suckers in the 80's...Oh! That's right! There still isn't!

In all fairness to my dedication to the Total Gym, my wife has a closet full of gadgets with the typical 2 months of wear. I hoping with just a few more months of working out, I'll be buff enough to get the treadmill out the front door. :uhyeah:

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Another fail for the Bowflex

I was working punches on the Total Gym and it worked but due to the design of the hand grips it was not exactly comfortable as it ripped past the Latissimus Dorsi. So I looked at the Bowflex and thought… :hmm:… I wonder… so I gave it a try and….. nope…another fail for the bowflex.

The best thing for it appears to be a solid pole in my basement and a good set of resistance bands

The Bowflex loses again… well…no… actually I do I guess… I paid about $2000 for that paper weight when all I needed to spend was about $30 for a good set of resistance bands :duh:

Latest Discussions