favoutrite MMA fighter?

Reaction score
i checked and i dont think this thread has been done, if it has please delete it, if not then WHY!?

who is your fave MMA fighter of all time? why?

il start,
mines crocop, gotta love the left head kicks!
UFC 70 is in manchester, uk, i live a couple of hours away, i cant wait! going and seeing my favourite fighter with my own eyes fight is going to be a dream come true for me! he is such an inspiration! and he always has enourmous respect towards his oponents aswell

now yours,

chris

Raiderbeast

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Gotta love Randy Couture, but my favorite fighter is Andrei Arlovski. I relate to him a little bit..

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
David Smyth, Rosi Sexton, Ian Butlin, Paul Jenkins, Peter Irving, Buzz Berry, James Thompson, Rob Broughton, Leigh Remedious,Dan Hardy,Aaron Karols, Tengiz Tedoradze, Marco Silva, Jean Silva, John Kavanagh, Alex Owen, Paul Daley, Paul McVeigh, John Nicholson, Mark Weir, Melvin Manhoef, James Doolan, Jason Tan, Michael Bisping and loads more. Look em up!!

OP
chris_มวยไทย
Reaction score
David Smyth, Rosi Sexton, Ian Butlin, Paul Jenkins, Peter Irving, Buzz Berry, James Thompson, Rob Broughton, Leigh Remedious,Dan Hardy,Aaron Karols, Tengiz Tedoradze, Marco Silva, Jean Silva, John Kavanagh, Alex Owen, Paul Daley, Paul McVeigh, John Nicholson, Mark Weir, Melvin Manhoef, James Doolan, Jason Tan, Michael Bisping and loads more. Look em up!!

rosi sexton and micheal bisping, exelent fighters!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
chris_มวยไทย;745106 said:
rosi sexton and micheal bisping, exelent fighters!

Yep! I didn't mention a whole load of others either lol!

gardawamtu

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I hate to choose just one, but I would say right now: CroCop. I like the way he stalks down opponents and takes care of business.

After last week, though, I want to say Couture because his comeback was just awe-inspiring. I guess I won't have to be bi-polar too long, since it looks like they will probably match up soon enough to settle my internal debate.

EternalSpringtime

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Was the question about the UFC?, or just MMA. to UFC, It might be Crocop for now, but as to MMA. I think Fedor is the man. He is the most dominant fighter with no draws and a 1 loss which is not really convincing. His fighting skills are awesome. Many people said that Fedor is more of a Sambo fighter that will go to the ground, but that's not true, Fedor's ability in punching is amazing, if his opponents get punched by his fast blasts, they are most of the time useless.

the toughest two fights he faced were against Mark Hunt and Mirko Crocop. Crocop's fight was his most difficult, but he dominated to win by a descision. I hope someday he joins the UFC.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Favorite of all time I'll have to say its between Bas Rutten and Frank shamrock.

If we're talking now, its quite hard….Wanderlie Silva springs to mind, awesome fighter, I have been lucky enough to get hold of some of his early fights in Brazil when he was all but 17 and fought bare knuckle and his style was very much the same.

Shogun Rua would make the top end of my list aswel.

Its really hard to choose a favorite fighter at the minute there's just far too much good talent now a days, I almost feel bad I have missed people of the list…..B.J Pen is another favorite that springs to mind arguably pound for pound one of the best in the world…and then there is the best in the world Fedor, Cro Cop, Royce Gracie defiantly deserves a mention just for having the guts to fight in the first UFC while carrying the entire Gracie family's reputation on his shoulders and he was the runt of the family!

fd13btt

White Belt
Reaction score
it got to be Fedor Emelianenko, Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, Takanori Gomi,Akihiro Gono,Minowa,Wanderlei Silva ,Hayato Sakurai,Hidehiko Yoshida , Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Georges St. Pierre B.J. Penn

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
I have always been an MMA fan, never really having a favorite fighter, until recently. I watched many events and fights through the years, taking it all in, never focussing on one fighter. Then, one night, about 2 in the morning, Warrior Nation came on tv, and I watched it. From the focussing on her, and seeing her personality and fights, I have to say my favorite fighter is Gina Carano. There was just something about her. I even find myself looking up her progress every so often, something I've never done before, and I was never a fan of women fighting. Even my mom got into cheering for her, and asking me to find footage of her-LOL! So, to be honest, using the criteria of a "fan" of someone, I will go with her.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend Rosi Sexton fought Gina in Las Vegas on September 15th last year!

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

lol 'how to advertise cage rage 101' ( :

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol 'how to advertise cage rage 101' ( :

Lol, Buzz has just retired, shocked everyone.! And I should have mentioned Dave Swan, he'll sulk otherwise! i've very lucky I get to go to a lot of shows and met lots of fighters lol!

Odin, is that you on Cagewarriors by any chance?

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Like to watch Diego Sanchez work, Quentin Jackson, Randy Couture, Karo, n lots others. Like fighters who work to end fights, not just work for a decision.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like Matt Hughes, he is a real gentleman and great sportsman. Ken Shamrock is also a great sportsman. However, my favorite would have to be "Captain America, The Natural" Randy Coutour.

Latest Discussions