Favourite combination

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What're people's favourite combinations to throw. One I like at the moment is a right hook followed by a right leg kick but you don't reset on the hook you follow through the hook with the kick if that makes sense like the hooks more of a setup but still thrown full power

MAfreak

Purple Belt
Reaction score
one of my favourites is similar, but with a right straight instead of the hook. jab-cross-round kick.
there are more, but this was my first favourite, when i remember right.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
one of my favourites is similar, but with a right straight instead of the hook. jab-cross-round kick.
there are more, but this was my first favourite, when i remember right.
Cool but I thought you said kicks didn't work so why are you throwing them?

zanaffar

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What're people's favourite combinations to throw. One I like at the moment is a right hook followed by a right leg kick but you don't reset on the hook you follow through the hook with the kick if that makes sense like the hooks more of a setup but still thrown full power
I'd actually really like to see a video of this. I don't quite understand the range of this combination. I find that if I'm close enough to throw a right hook, I'm too close to throw a right leg kick. Is your right hook very extended?

MAfreak

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Cool but I thought you said kicks didn't work so why are you throwing them?
i said they don't work against agressive opponents. respective possibly in fights, were agressiveness, which means infight, is "allowed", which isn't the case in for example olympic tkd.
also i have to block you here now or i would have to tell your mum, that you troll people on the internet so she will shut it down.

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
If I get the chance when my opponent opens up their centre, I love doing a twin palm strike to the body followed by a front kick to the head. Doesn't happen too often though.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm sounds like someone's studying us in case he ever has to fight us :)
I don't necessarily have a favorite, but I like stepping in while evading a straight attack (jab/kick/straight), while throwing a hook to the body and going from there.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jab, right reverse punch, right leg roundhouse kick (if they move back then I step in spinning sidekick) if they don't move back left reverse punch right jab followed by left right left right left right left right until they fall over.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If he's foolish enough to square off - I like a very telegraphed right hand (fake) into a foot sweep. If he's orthodox, depending on how much I break his balance will determine what comes next. If he's southpaw he'll likely have an uppercut antipasto.

If it's in the middle of a fight, either hand hooking to the body, usually followed by the same body punch, then headbutt.

In sparring, depends on his level of stand up. If he's good, I like hitting a person with whatever he likes to throw himself. Just because.

NinjaChristian

Green Belt
Reaction score
I like to jump and turn, grabing as much air time as I can, than the moment I land throwing a round kick off the back leg. the change in speed really confuses your opponent. I think I have landed this every time I've thrown it.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From my strong right lead: Right hand eye poke, followed immediately with a left horizontal elbow to the face, right vertical elbow to the face, headbutt to the nose and drive my knee into his face as I pull his head down into it, finish off with a gouging bite to the face, snap his neck.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
From my strong right lead: Right hand eye poke, followed immediately with a left horizontal elbow to the face, right vertical elbow to the face, headbutt to the nose and drive my knee into his face as I pull his head down into it, finish off with a gouging bite to the face, snap his neck.

Your favorite combination involves killing someone?

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like to jump and turn, grabing as much air time as I can, than the moment I land throwing a round kick off the back leg. the change in speed really confuses your opponent. I think I have landed this every time I've thrown it.
What is your opponent doing all that time you're in the air? I would use that time to fire off a technique or two on you.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this specifically for tournament sparring?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Probably a very effective technique.

Well, as long as your opponent is a bag or kicking target.

Latest Discussions