Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Unique?
The "Death from Above" move that Achilles uses in Troy. Apparently it is found in various southeast asian systems but I have only seen it taught in Pekiti. I have pulled it off twice. :D

Last edited:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Baaht gim. It's just all about coming from odd angles, delivered from an unexpected position. And it lands like a sack of concrete.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mograph stated that his friend will intend to hit with the first strikes as well. I was saying that I don't intend to hit with those strikes, since they're set up strikes, but if the person doesn't respond to them I absolutely will follow through.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mograph stated that his friend will intend to hit with the first strikes as well. I was saying that I don't intend to hit with those strikes, since they're set up strikes, but if the person doesn't respond to them I absolutely will follow through.
Oh, well then I disagree with you. Launch in and get 'em. :)

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
you killed 2 people? If not can you please explain what you mean?

Yes, exactly, I have killed two people in open field battles.

:rolleyes:

I do lots of weapon sparring, I have pulled this move off twice. Due to the blunted nature of said knife and sword involved no one died.

But I did get to turn to the rest of the guys and say "Is there no one else?!"

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yes, exactly, I have killed two people in open field battles.

:rolleyes:

I do lots of weapon sparring, I have pulled this move off twice. Due to the blunted nature of said knife and sword involved no one died.

But I did get to turn to the rest of the guys and say "Is there no one else?!"
LMAO!!!

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Unique?
The "Death from Above" move that Achilles uses in Troy. Apparently it is found in various southeast asian systems but I have only seen it taught in Pekiti. I have pulled it off twice. :D

Its a Superman punch. With a sword.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Its a Superman punch. With a sword.

Sort of, except that you have to hit it from a flank position so you don't wind up trading shots, there is a big torso twist that you don't see in a superman punch because it would rob the punch of much of its power.