Favorite movie fight scene?

C

Chrono

Seig said:
Have you seen the Musketeer? The fights and sword work in are fantatsic.
La Femme Musketeer was even better. I don't know how many of you get the Hallmark Channel, but if you do, I strongly suggest you check it out when it comes on again.

L

Littledragon

Seig said:
As a martial artist, I respect his knowledge and ability; as an actor, I have enjoyed many of his movies; but as a human being he is a complete and total disgrace to the human race.
Why is that?

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
OULobo said:
-Samurai Jack vs Aku's spider/beetle robots in begging of 1st season.
my fav. episode of Samurai Jack has to be where he meets the Shaolin Monks and demonstrates the Water Beetle techniche. :uhyeah:

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
my fav. episode of Samurai Jack has to be where he meets the Shaolin Monks and demonstrates the Water Beetle techniche. :uhyeah:

My favorite is the "Jump Good" one where he teaches the monkeys to fight, but I also love the story of how the gods first vanquished Aku and the first episode where he learns all the different arts from all the different masters on his worldly journeys.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Chrono said:
La Femme Musketeer was even better. I don't know how many of you get the Hallmark Channel, but if you do, I strongly suggest you check it out when it comes on again.
That was a good movie, Tess and I really enjoyed it. I did not think the fight scenes were that spectacular though.

C

Chrono

Seig said:
That was a good movie, Tess and I really enjoyed it. I did not think the fight scenes were that spectacular though.
Indeed, it was a good movie. The sword fights probably weren't spectacular, but they were better than I had expected from the Hallmark Channel.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
i like the last fight scene on romeo must die. when he shatters the spine. also the knife scene on under siege. ah heck i for the most part like them all.

K

Kevin Walker

My favorite movie fight scene is from the movie: EL CID (1961) starring Charleston Heston, where Heston must fight the opposing king's champion in an arena, c. 1400s, for total control of mid-Spain.

After Heston is knocked off his horse during a joust, he gets clobbered by the champion with a chain mace, but is saved by his armor. The knight gets knocked off his horse by Heston, and Heston defends himself against a brutal attack with a broadsword.

Getting his shield knocked out of his hands, and looking a bit ragged and on the verge of defeat, Heston picks up and defends himself with the wooden saddle off the dead horse, blocking some incredibly savage blows from his opponents broadsword, which reduces the size of the wooden saddle bit by bit with each blow.

Heston eventually wins the battle by killing the king's champion with an axe. What a gritty and realistic battle scene. I bet Charleston Heston picked up a few bruises on this one.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Brotherhood of The Wolf: Anybody remember the incredible fight scene the first five minutes into the film? umm did anybody see it? (lol)

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Marc Dacascos always has extremely well choreographed fight scenes in any movie he does. Brotherhood of The Wolf was one of the better movies he's been in.

C

Chrono

MACaver said:
Brotherhood of The Wolf: Anybody remember the incredible fight scene the first five minutes into the film? umm did anybody see it? (lol)
I saw a bit of it when it first came out here. Was that the scene where he was fighting with the staff?

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kevin Walker said:
My favorite movie fight scene is from the movie: EL CID (1961) starring Charleston Heston, where Heston must fight the opposing king's champion in an arena, c. 1400s, for total control of mid-Spain.
That's a great fight, good movie as well
Kevin Walker said:
Heston eventually wins the battle by killing the king's champion with an axe.
Actually, he killed him with one of the big "two-handed" swords. Remember, they put one on each side of the arena before the fight started.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Chrono said:
I saw a bit of it when it first came out here. Was that the scene where he was fighting with the staff?
Yup. What made this scene so incredible for me was that it seemed anachronoistic <sic> in that here we are seeing Colonial aged folks and this guy is doing Martial Arts on the thugs and you're like yeah buddy the thugs don't even know how to react to such a fighting style. But later I realized ok, the "wolf-hunter" was traveling around the world and met up with this easterner and thus...
Still way cool, could've used a bit more scenes with that guy. :D

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't remember the name of the movie, but its one with Jackie Chan.
I liked it when he jumped and slid his body horizontally through an opening in a iron barred door. I guess he had a hard time from watching the out takes. I guess that stems from me not being able to get my other leg up too much in my flying side kick. ;) TW

This is a shameless post, since it will make it 400.

Chokemaster

White Belt
Reaction score
1.Nunchaku fight scene in Enter the Dragon
2. Final knife-fighting scene in The Hunted between Benecio Del Torro and Tommy Lee Jones, choreographed by Tuhon Raphael Kayanan and Tuhon Tom Kier(Sayoc Kali)
3.Fists of Legend..the whole movie
4.The first Kickboxer
5.Pool hall fight scene in Out For Justice(Steven Segal)
6.Jake LaMotta beating on his brother in Raging Bull J/K

Latest Discussions