Favorite movie fight scene?

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
In no particular order...

1. pretty much any of Seagal's fights, especially the one's in The Glimmer Man, and Hard to Kill

2. Jeff Speakman, need I say more (y'all already covered my favorites)

3. The "deathmatch" at the end of Tiger Claws III

4. Kiss Of The Dragon where Jet Li takes on a whole room full of black-belts (possible, no. Entertaining, definately)

5. The 20 minute (at least it seemed that long :)) fight in the club in Kill Bill I

OP
Flatlander

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tgace said:
The first 30 min. of Saving Private Ryan
Awesome. This had me completely transfixed. That was the last movie that made my eyes watery, and I could only watch it once. That was all I needed.

C

Chrono

kenpotex said:
1. pretty much any of Seagal's fights, especially the one's in The Glimmer Man, and Hard to Kill

4. Kiss Of The Dragon where Jet Li takes on a whole room full of black-belts (possible, no. Entertaining, definately)
I think Seagal's best was in his latest, "Out For A Kill".

That scene totally ruled! It was defenitely the most entertaining one of the whole movie.

Jon

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
flatlander said:
Awesome. This had me completely transfixed. That was the last movie that made my eyes watery, and I could only watch it once. That was all I needed.
Makes you look at those old timers in the VFW hats a whole different way dosent it?

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Randy Strausbaugh said:
The Perfect Weapon, where Jeff Speakman takes on the thugs in the alley. Short, but sweet.

But isn't that the way it is supose to be? I agree with you. Except I don't like the high kick.

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not a fighting movie but how about the first 20 mins of Executive Decesion where Steven Segal dies? I think that is great. I'm not a SS fan personally.

Respectfully

C

Chrono

Chronuss said:
personally, I think Van Damme's best movie was Kickboxer 2...hehe.
Dude, the first one ruled! I believe it was my first Van Damme film. Better than Bloodsport. And speaking of that, the second was the best. I never did get into the fourth one. There was a fourth, right?

Jon

H

Hanzo04

my top three are:

Kiss of the Dragon: Jet li fights the small twin at the end of the movie. two very good martial artist going at it! the untrained eye would have thought it was unchoreographed.

The Transporter: the last fight scene of the movie. thats all i can explain for now. it always the small movies that have the best fight scenes.

Game of death (the lost film version): where bruce fights through every level. the fight scenes are amazing!

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hanzo04 said:
The Transporter: the last fight scene of the movie. thats all i can explain for now. it always the small movies that have the best fight scenes.
I forgot about the Transporter...it has a couple of really good fights.

Chrono said:
I think Seagal's best was in his latest, "Out For A Kill".

That scene totally ruled! It was defenitely the most entertaining one of the whole movie.
Which one? I hope you're not referring to the one in the barbershop...that was about the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
The fight between the master of the Japanese Dojo (The uncle, not the jug eared guy) and Jet Li in Fist of Legend. Remember watching that the first time, and being amazed by how long it lasts. It's like the alley fight in They Live.

The ending of Drunken Master 2 rocked too. So many kicks. The rooftop fight on Who Am I? ranks along side that one. Kicky = good.

Chow Yun Fat beating that little girl with a stick in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was good too.

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
My current favorite is "the Hunted" and it's knife fighting scenes.

Jeff

C

Chrono

kenpotex said:
Which one? I hope you're not referring to the one in the barbershop...that was about the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
Sorry, I was referring to the scene in Kiss of the Dragon when Jet Li takes on the black belts. I knew I should have been more specific when changing topics like that.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
I forgot about The Transporter...the small blonde-haired guy from Kiss of The Dragon plays another small blonde-haired guy in the Transporter (go figure). he's the bad guy in the bus garage throwing the extremely tight kicks between the two parked busses.

I still hold true that Kickboxer 2 was VD's best.

C

Chrono

Chronuss said:
I still hold true that Kickboxer 2 was VD's best.
I'm confused. I thought that the second one introduced the other brother and Van Damme's and the brother from the first movie were both killed. I must be thinking about the third one.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
no...no confusion...VD's character dies in the first ten minutes...hell, maybe it's quicker than that. :uhyeah:

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Chrono said:
Sorry, I was referring to the scene in Kiss of the Dragon when Jet Li takes on the black belts. I knew I should have been more specific when changing topics like that.
No worries, just trying to clarify. :)

C

Chrono

Chronuss said:
no...no confusion...VD's character dies in the first ten minutes...hell, maybe it's quicker than that.
I think I get it now when you said it was his best. :uhyeah:

kenpotex said:
No worries, just trying to clarify.
Good, I don't want to get in bad here since I'm new. :)

Latest Discussions