Favorite movie fight scene?

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Man, I still gotta vote Ong Bak...no wire work, no computer graphics....just some good old acrobatics and butt-kicking...

Also, what about Michealango using the sausage as nunchaku in one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movies? Can't beat enviromental training....

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Benny the Jet Vs. Jackie Chan in Meals on Wheels

James Ryan in Killand Kill again-He does stop the secret desert Nazis from stealing the formula top turn the ordinary potato into the ultimate fuel source

kid

Black Belt
Reaction score
my vote would still go to south park cripple fight. They are cut and made out of construction paper. Timmy vs Jimmy classic in season 5. Check it out.

kid

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
No mention of any of the Star Wars movies?

Darth Maul vs Qui Gon?
Yoda vs. Duku?

or the Matrix?
Neo vs Morpheus?
Neo vs Agent Smith?

Shinkengata

Green Belt
Reaction score
Okay i just had to reply to this one.

I think my favorite movie fight scene was in "The knockaround Guys" where Vin Diesel beats the hell out of that redneck in the bar. THAT was a beatin' worthy of the street. I loved it.

SwedishChef

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have too many to count but since I only saw this once on the list so far, one of my big faves is Inigo vs. the Dread Pirate Wesley in The Princess Bride. It has it all, fancy moves, switching hands, snappy banter. I never get tired of it.

DuneViking

Blue Belt
Reaction score
SwedishChef said:
I have too many to count but since I only saw this once on the list so far, one of my big faves is Inigo vs. the Dread Pirate Wesley in The Princess Bride. It has it all, fancy moves, switching hands, snappy banter. I never get tired of it.
Definately!! Also, Capt Jack Sparrow vs Mr Turner in the blacksmith's shop in Pirates of the Caribbean!! That's not Fair!!! --- PIRATE!! LOL

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Park scene in Billy Jack

Bruce Lee: Scene in the Japanese dojo in Chinese Connection/Fists of Fury "sick men of Asia"-hehe.....

Seagal's bar scene in Out for Justice. (Has anyone ever seen The Random Steven Seagal Movie Generator?)

My all time favorite: bar scene in Twinkle, Twinkle Killer Cain which was also released as The Ninth Configuration-total mind blower of a movie.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sin City rocked!

a few more:

-Kalifornia: brad pitt breaking bottles on the guys head
-Once Were Warriors: the bar fights (and the only parts of the movie worth watching)
-Gangs of New York: brutal stuff (fish-hooking, gouging, etc.)

BruceCalkins

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Just about any Jackie Chan fight Specially with things like Ladders..:ultracool

But then I would say the Fight scenes in The movie "Only the Stong" I Love the fact that they move that good and when I researched it I found out it was like White and Yellow Belt level Capoeira. Fantactic movie.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
we've all mentioned movie and TV show fight scenes...what about some of the animated ones for us much larger dorks...

D vs. Meier Link?

Kenshin vs. Shishio?

Vash vs. Knives?

kid

Black Belt
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
we've all mentioned movie and TV show fight scenes...what about some of the animated ones for us much larger dorks...

D vs. Meier Link?

Kenshin vs. Shishio?

Vash vs. Knives?
Goku vs. freeza when goku turns super sayian.

optimus prime vs. mega tron

SwedishChef

Orange Belt
Reaction score
DuneViking said:
Definately!! Also, Capt Jack Sparrow vs Mr Turner in the blacksmith's shop in Pirates of the Caribbean!! That's not Fair!!! --- PIRATE!! LOL
Ya know I wasn't even thinking that recent, but that was really cool. I think there's going to be a sequel too.

E

Elizium

There is talk of Pirates being made again. Ricky Gervais or Johnny Vegas may make an appearnace in there as well.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just watched the fight scene in Big Fish--Ewan McGregor is about to be attacked by two Chinese soldiers with phenomenal martial arts skills. He calmly puts on night vision goggles...then turns off the light. Bam, pow! He turns the light back on and they're unconscious. Funny!

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
I dont know if this has been mentioned, but I am quite fond of Yoda's fight scene in Star Wars, Attack Of The Clones.. :)

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
2 of my favorites are in italian westerns...

"My Name is Nobody"
And
"Nobody is Still My Name"
Both with Terrence Hill.

Not MA...but fun-ny!

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Most of the great ones up there already.

--The supermarket scene from Rumble in the Bronx with Jackie in, out and through the shopping trolley.
--The bathroom scene in Black Mask - and it wasn't even Jet Li as I remember but the actor's name escapes me for now.
--And don't hate me for it but pretty much any fight scene from Seagal. ---That'll be the Aikido of pain then? LOL. And I couldn't forget the final battle between Arnie vs Predator for smart fight tactics. I love the mutual respect thing that went on at the end too.

I'm not a frequenter myself, but shouldn't smart martial artists be sure to stay away from pool halls ;) You just KNOW what's gonna happen there, LOL.

Yr most obdt hmble svt,
Jenna

Latest Discussions