favorite kenpo concept or priciple

S

shawn monday

I want to compare different principles...whats everyones favorite

OP
B

brianhunter

marriage of gravity......you can feel it, and it really gets me thinking about how I should "settle" into my stances or sychronize my movements to make it even more effective

OP
J

jeffkyle

I like the concept of heigth, width, and depth zones. And the idea of cancelling them all. Very effective way of controlling your opponent.

OP
S

shawn monday

you guys forgot about economy of motion....my favorite

OP
B

brianhunter

Originally posted by shawn monday

you guys forgot about economy of motion....my favorite

Yeah Ive seen your drink you dont waste much movement

OP
J

jeffkyle

And how much marriage of gravity do you have?

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
but my favorite doesn't matter as much as having the one I need at the time of an attack. Then my favorite is the one that works for what I need!!!

As for practice...... Kenpo Logic is my favorite overall concept, it encompasses all!

:asian:

OP
B

brianhunter

I never looked at "kenpo logic" as being a concept or principle within itself untill now ;) but I like that idea.....I think thats what keeps alot of people in our art is the fact that it is logical and it works through the ideals, the what ifs, etc...

OP
J

jeffkyle

"Kenpo Logic" That is a good way to summarize it all up. Pretty cool. I like it!

OP
T

tonbo

Hmmmm.

I would have to say the one that was referred to in Infinite Insights , vols 1-5, start to finish.

That would be my favorite. :D

Peace--

OP
Q

Quinn-child

Heh, I like point of origin. I think it's cool to be able to just pick up your weapon from wherever it is and still be able to defend yourself with it.

I also like gravitational marriage. I like that feeling I get when I actually sink into my stance and get it right. It's a cool feeling.

Oos -
Quinn :asian:

OP
S

shawn monday

what doyou guys think about matching counters

kenpo_cory

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I can't really say I have a favorite because I'm intrigued by the whole system of kenpo, which I haven’t even begun to experience all of.

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For me, it has to be that "a block is also a strike and a strike is also a block", I think that sets kenpo apart from a vast majority of other styles, certainly shocks the new people who come in from the Shotokan and TKD clubs to try us out...

Ian.

OP
J

jeffkyle

quote: Originally posted by shawn monday

What is that?

When your kitchen counter matches your bathroom counter. :)

OP
P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by jeffkyle

quote: Originally posted by shawn monday

What is that?

I would interpret matching counters as an example: opponent throws left backfist, in turn we lauch a right backfist, striking above the elbow to create an angle of cancellation. Maybe that's it, don't know for sure.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by ProfessorKenpo
Originally posted by jeffkyle quote: Originally posted by shawn monday what doyou guys think about matching counters

What is that?

I would interpret matching counters as an example: opponent throws left backfist, in turn we lauch a right backfist, striking above the elbow to create an angle of cancellation. Maybe that's it, don't know for sure. Have a great Kenpo day Clyde

LOL........ I know you could guess Clyde..... but I want to know exactly what he is talking about......... sheesh....... lol

:asian:

OP
S

shawn monday

Matching counters is when you do exactly what the attacker does.....example,, pin to pin/grab tograb/
basicall y matching what the other guy doesto deter action

i came across it one day working out with my teacher walter justice it is taken from the ed parker's encyclopedia of kenpo

clyde, hey whats up

Latest Discussions