Favorite Ed Parker Kenpo Technique?

What's your favorite Ed Parker Kenpo Technique?

• Five Swords

• Back Breaker

• Leaping Crane

• Snapping Twig

Results are only viewable after voting.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Man, how do you put a favorite on those four techniques!! I guess If I have to be forced to choose I would go with leaping crane. Although each in it's own right can have many different combinations accompanied to it I like working behind the guy finally being taller than the opponent for once. I must admit though my own personal favorite is detour from doom. After I learned that technique nothing can beat moving up the circle & blasting the guy in the face when their on 1 foot. I was able to use it once & I didn't get past the vertical punch in the face.
Jason Farnsworth

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
1 inside the arm (hot zone) Five Swords, then 3 outside the arm. Hmmm.... how about Parting Wings or Obscure Claws?

If I have to chose, it would be Leaping Crane, with the extension. I do Five Swords so much, I just want something different I think. I am with the Master Blaster Conatser on this, I like them all. Tough choice.

Have a good weekend all - I will be out of town for Mom's Day.

Respect to All,
Michael B.

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
my favorite technique is shield and sword...

mostly because its one of those techniques that nobody in my studio (instructors excepted, of course) can seem to remember it... one of those techniques thats easy to forget, I guess, but I put it in a self defense competition routine and haven't forgotten it since.

Roland

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I too love this technique. There is just something about the flow of this one, that even if I feel it was a little off, which happens to the best, and worst of us, I still enjoy doing it!
Now that you have reminded me about how much I enjoy doing it, I will probally end up using it this weekend for a demo.
Thank you! :p

But really, I can never think of any one technique I enjoy more so than others. there are those I do not enjoy so much, but I think that would be a different topic.

M

matthewgreenland

Y'all got some good points -

Of the 4 - I would say I like Snapping Twig, and I am goin' to tell ya' why -

1- Maaaan, what a nasty arm break.
2- The frictional pull into the outward handsword. I don't know too many who will be surviving that.
3- If 1 and 2 aren't enough, lets annhiliate the Zygomatic arch as well with a hammer fist, he he he
4- ohhh wait, almost forgot - if the person was talkin' a little trash, let's simply crush the Mandible for good measure -

ANYONE - GOT KENPO!!!!

Of course we all love 5-swords, but lets be different.. Today Snapping Twig - tomorrow maybe Back Breaker -

What about - DOMINATING CIRCLES - There is a whoopin'
or, another personal fav - ENTWINED MACES -
RAINING LANCE is good to, if your into that sort of thing

R

Rob_Broad

Sure, I am the only one that votes for Back Breaker. make me feel like the odd ball.

C

C.E.Jackson

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

What is your favorite technique?........

I respond.... "The one that works"!

:asian:

Good Answer! That's what Kenpo is all about!

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The only Master Key on the Poll is 5 swords.....
and Snapping Twig is a sub of it

Back Breaker and Leaping Crane are subs under Thundering Hammers

:asian:

Latest Discussions