Favorite technique?!?!?

Ihave a lot of fun with the upper belt techniques but still say the yellow belt techs are my favorites. Everything you need is right there. Ever time I teach them I learn something new, and more importantly, I get to see the look of delight on someone's face when they are introduced to the principles and concepts the techs teach.

...my favorite technique still, at least right now, is Raining Lance. I truly feel that this tech. is the epitome of American Kenpo: it's fast, can be painful, and very effective. The simple REDIRECTION (Thanks Master C.) of the knife and burying it up to the hilt in the opponent’s thigh/shin (depending on how fast they're moving) is...in a word...great. The left hand executing a testicle grab and the right an eye pinch is a great example of independent motion and timing. The step-through to the horse stance whilst doing a wrist strike to the throat resulting in the opponent going over the right knee-marriage of gravity no less-and snapping the back still while doing a hammer fist to the throat and a palm heel to the jaw.

can ya tell I like this technique? :D

Definitely Milking the Mongoose...:rofl:

no....Ramming the Goat....no.....
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We have a great thread going here, lets make sure we keep this one on track.

MT Moderator
Rob Broad

Originally posted by Rob_Broad

We have a great thread going here, lets make sure we keep this one on track.

MT Moderator
Rob Broad

Some people are so uptight...LOL. Don't worry Rob I didn't tell them it was you who set that fire up there in Canada:rofl:

Seriously though... I like Five Swords. Something about that free technique, knocking the person into position...

:D :asian:

Originally posted by kenpo3631

Some people are so uptight...LOL. Don't worry Rob I didn't tell them it was you who set that fire up there in Canada:rofl:

Seriously though... I like Five Swords. Something about that free technique, knocking the person into position...

:D :asian:

I think 5 swords is a very good combination of speed, power, and body mechanics...And it looks really good too!

I actually meant my comment to be a congratulations to everyone for keeping the thread so on track so far. It was not meant to be heavy handed or to be pushy. I know we are guilty here in the kenpo area of going off into humor tangents, and I thought it was refreshing to see a thread stay so on track.

I actually meant my comment to be a congratulations to everyone for keeping the thread so on track so far. It was not meant to be heavy handed or to be pushy. I know we are guilty here in the kenpo area of going off into humor tangents, and I thought it was refreshing to see a thread stay so on track.
And I notice we have not gone off on any food tangents lately....:(

My favorite, or one of my favorites, is Entwined Maces- great flow, and I love the knee strike with the unwinding of the hammer fist and spinning back kick. This one has a lot of power and great flow. But, I guess they all do in their own way.

Yellow belt here so my exposure is still a little limitied.

This is quick and i think would be very effective. It also teaches the first step towards the attacker I believe. Meet action to beat action!!!

Salute :asian:

Jeremy

:iws:
mace of aggression!!!!

Man I wish I could proofread once in a while.

Salute :asian:

Jeremy

Mace of Aggression is a awesome technique against a very common attack. When I work it on my own, I like maintaining the pinning check and repeating the elbow strikes a few more times. This is one of the few techniques that I have used and it worked very well. Too well, actually, as I was dissapointed in myself for causing so much damage

Spear of Jade is a Tracy's Kenpo technique. It is a requirement for 3rd Degree Brown Belt. It is a defense against a right - left or a left - right punch combination.

It goes as follows:
s1. Right foot steps to 1:30
s1. Right inward block to first punch
s2. Left vertical outward block second punch
s2. Pivot 90 degrees CW into a hard left bow facing 1:30
3. Left firts 2 finger strike to the eyes to 10:30
s4. Pivot body 90 degrees CCW to squre horse to face 10:30

I had this once but I had it as stepping off to your left. I think that makes stepping to the right the opposite as opposed to the reverse. ? Just a thought.

Anyway, I think the EPAK equivalent is Protecting Fans which is at the begining of Long 4.
Perhaps Mr. C or Mr. Billings can confirm this?
:D
:asian:

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Very close.........

Just for reference, by equivalent I meant "most closely related" as I know one technique was probably at one point the basis for the other. I didn't expect more than "very close."

I won't go into why why Spear of Jade is still "wrong."
:eek: :D

Latest Discussions

Back