compare form four(long)

S

shawn monday

what was Mr.Parkers intention in the creation of long form four

OP
J

jeffkyle

To see how tired you can get and how fast you can do it?

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by shawn monday
What was Mr.Parkers intention in the creation of long form four

Many things.... among them.......

The use of the DOUBLE FACTOR against a two-punch combination, quarter beat timing when calculating the use of Borrowed Force, diagonal fanning of parries, use of a front crossover to add power to a punch off the rear hand, threading, how to utilize a Diversified Angle of Attack from an Obscure Zone, grafted principles, concept of Progressive Directional Harmony, working on the inside of two punches, various depths of action within the Dimensional Stages of Action when using reverse motion, instinctive responses, dual action from two Points of Origin, whereby both block and strike occur simultaneously, how to control your opponent's Height and Width Zones while following a figure 8 path of action, continuous flow of circular moves, weapons travel from Point of Origin in a looping overhead manner, while employing the principle of guidelining to create deceptive, powerful, and accurate strikes, Rhythmatic changes of timing and breathing, and many more.........

:asian:

OP
B

brianhunter

man thats alot of stuff but thats why I love American Kenpo I guess

OP
J

jeffkyle

Who was that masked man? Talk about overload....If i could only see all of that when i am doing the form, it might help quite a bit.
:)

OP
B

brianhunter

hey Jeff.......notice Mr C put BREATHING in there, kinda what your father has been saying isnt it ;)

OP
J

jeffkyle

But from the way he put it....it is advanced breathing. You aren't to that level yet. And posture would be part of short form 1.

OP
J

jeffkyle

You turn on the A/C first! I have had enough heat for a while. :D

OP
S

shawn monday

you two whichita boys are funny....give me a call tonight...and togolden dragon,that was a cool perspective ill have toexplore that more inn my personaltraining with that form:D

OP
P

ProfessorKenpo

Hey Shawn, good to see you hear as well, and how's that second stripe on the belt feel? Would love to see you guys in Pasadena one these days and run a line down there with us, you'd love it. Gotta get Brian up to advanced ranking now so he can play with us serious LOL. Take care guys

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dennis,

That's a plethora of information Thanks~!!
I think it's going to take me a year to get Long 4 to where it's supposed to look like.. :hammer: it into my muscle memory recall~!!!

Latest Discussions