Favorite All Time Wrestler

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Who is your favorite all time wrestler and why? Come on, admit it, we all have one.

Mine has to be Maurice "Mad Dog" Vachon, a french Canadian wrestler who was, in the late 70's, early 80's, was the most hated bad guy. His voice was gruff and loud.

I had the opportunity as a very young lady of meeting Mr. Vachon as he would stay in the hotel my mom managed when he came to Winnipeg to wrestle. As gruff as his voice was, he was one of the kindest, sweetest people I ever met. :)

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd have to go with Roddy Piper. :)

You have good taste, Bob. He was my Dad's favorite. He had an action figure which was put in a place of honor at the guest book at his memorial. :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I gotta go with the People's Champ. ;)

rock1inline.jpg

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jake "The Snake" Roberts was my favorite when I was little. But the one I've loved the longest would be The Undertaker.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Does anyone remember Pampero Firpo or Bulldog Brower ?????

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The biggest superstar in american professional wrestling...The real american, Hulk Hogan, takes it for me.

Roddy Piper was never my favorite when I was a kid, but over the years I have found him to be more of an icon as well.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a lot (for many reasons). Dick the Bruiser, Jimmy "the BoogieWoogie Man" Valiant, Kerry Von Erich, Lex Lugar, Lita :)boing2: ) just to name a few.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Only watched it briefly as a kid with my grandfather (who was partially blind but totally lethal, so no one dared tell him it was staged). But late 50s/early 60s (?): Haystack.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Going back a ways here, but I used to love Baron Von Raske (sp?). lol...he used to goose step around the ring with his claw hand raised. :D

Randy "The Macho Man" Savage always cracked me up too. And of course, while not a wrestler himself, I feel Mean Gene should get an honorable mention. heh

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Roddy Piper, Rick Flair (although I wish he had retired when he was on top and much younger), Pampero Firpo (yep remember him well), Antoinio Rocka (sp), Killer Kawalski ( or Tarzan Kawalski as he was first know), Nikita Kolof (sp)

and one of my all time favs. Brusier Brody

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Abdullah the buthcer and the great kamala, all of the Von erichs, Hulk Hogan and of course Sting how can anybody not like a man with a Baseball bat.

More recient, Cena, the rock. Mankind and of course the Undetaker

Catalyst

Blue Belt
Reaction score
For individual Wrestlers, I also always liked "Rowdy" Roddy Piper.
To be honest with you, as a kid, I never realized he was a Canadian from Saskatchewan I always thought he was actually from Scotland.

My favorite Tag Team was always the Road Warriors/Legion of Doom.
Hawk and the Animal could get it done.

I'm actually surprised that there are this many people that are 'fessing up to have watched wrestling in their younger days :).

The Elemental

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Mine is Antonio Inoki, a Japanese legend, an unrecognized former WWF/E champion. Fought in several early and possibly worked MMA fights including the worked and boring Ali fight. The man who popularized the Enzugiri and the Octopus Stretch.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
King Kong Bundy - 425 lb character, but not much in the way of fat. It was always humorous to see him squashing his opponents, and in some cases, even taking on two opponents at one time. Seeing him insist on letting his opponents have a 5 count instead of a 3 count, made it even more humorous.

Ric Flair - Pure charisma and performance. The man can light up a crowd, and make any opponent look like a good performer. Even though he's almost 60 years old, he can still prop up his opponents, despite the fact that he can't really pull of many manuvers anymore.

It's funny, though, that even though he tries to play the role of the heel these days, everyone still wildly cheers him.

Latest Discussions