Favorite All Time Wrestler

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I bet I'd just confuse everyone if I said Mick McManus and Kendo Nagasaki :lol:. I also liked to watch Giant Haystacks or Big Daddy (now that's a name that's taken on new connotations these days :)).

I don't know if mentioning British wrestling here is frowned upon or not?

It had nothing like the 'stadium' grandstanding feel of American wrestling (which is a great 'show' I do admit) and the wrestlers were nothing like the size or athletic prowess of your fellows (other than maybe Giant Haystacks (in the size department)).

It was a good deal more like MMA I suppose (or at least the way I remember it). Altho' it was probably 'rigged' in just the way that most of such sporting events are, the violence level felt pretty real when you were in the crown watching it :eek:.

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Being from the UK I'm with Sukerkin and will plump for Big Daddy and start chanting Eeeeasy! Eeeeasy! Eeeeeasy! I remember watching him with my Grandad when I was little.

As for American wrestling it has to be The Ultimate Warrior! He would go into some strange siezure when hit too much and wobble around a bit before kicking butt!

I also loved the Bushwhackers and Macho Man Randy Savage!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Being from the UK I'm with Sukerkin and will plump for Big Daddy and start chanting Eeeeasy! Eeeeasy! Eeeeeasy! I remember watching him with my Grandad when I was little.

As for American wrestling it has to be The Ultimate Warrior! He would go into some strange siezure when hit too much and wobble around a bit before kicking butt!

I also loved the Bushwhackers and Macho Man Randy Savage!

Yes the Ultimate Warrior was one great one Hacksaw Duggen carring the flag around and Jimmy superfly Snuka.

Topeng

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat.
He's the first wrestler I saw using more acrobatic and arial type moves. Rey Mysterio reminds me a lot of Steamboat.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Who is your favorite all time wrestler and why? Come on, admit it, we all have one.

Mine has to be Maurice "Mad Dog" Vachon, a french Canadian wrestler who was, in the late 70's, early 80's, was the most hated bad guy. His voice was gruff and loud.

I had the opportunity as a very young lady of meeting Mr. Vachon as he would stay in the hotel my mom managed when he came to Winnipeg to wrestle. As gruff as his voice was, he was one of the kindest, sweetest people I ever met. :)

Was Luna hs daughter? She creeped me out!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Remember Johnny Powers? Bulldog Brower? and the Fabulous Kangaroo Brothers and their manager George " Crybaby" Cannon??? Waldo Von Eric?? Kurt Von Hess?? REAL old school...

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I liked the Junkyard Dog. The man came out to "Another One Bites the Dust." Everyone knows what a Queen fan I am. "The Fabulous Thunderbirds." "Blade"- This was a combination of "The Ultimate Warrior and Sting." "Terry Funk" "The Von Eriks" "Dusty Rhoade-The American Dream himself. "Brett Hart". "Rowdy Roddy Piper." Piper was and is the absolute coolest.

However, to me know one has had the charisma of Hulk Hogan, with the exception of a select few....."Macho Man Randy Savage." "Stone Cold Steve Austin" and "John Cena."

naneek

Green Belt
Reaction score
macho man randy savage, you just gotta love that name and the voice that went with it!! but i too remember giant hay stacks and big daddy, those guys felt a lot more real to me:mst:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone remember Crusher Verdue and his manager Beautiful Bruce Swazey???

Ronin Moose

Blue Belt
Reaction score
OLD SCHOOL

Gorgeous George
Freddie Blassie
Judo Gene LaBell (a true wrestling master)

NEXT GENERATION

Andre' the Giant
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Hulk Hogan
Goldberg

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
well, i have to do this, i have worked with alot of wrestlers,yea i'm a Heel, manager,
m_0c1c815fc0ba018024dcefb1be43a85f.jpg
this is me on the right,with Jon,solo doing tv tapings for the DWF,
m_7cffe540255fb6c2741325c868a31977.jpg
and me in the ring,trying to reason with my guy,
m_6c0d0db42bb6ace5b35003565592797c.jpg
but you see what happen,got hit below the belt, and in the nose,
m_c5e6cc5693065a583dab56b833bb94d5.jpg
and me with my guy gotti,after beating him,we have a good time,just wanted to share with you guys

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rasslin' has a long history with many greats...it'd be hard to pick just one.

Many greats have already been mentioned. Was Killer Kawolski mentioned or did I miss that one? Gorgeous George definately is the gran-daddy of the "gimic"

Mad Dog Vachon used to crack me up in the AWA the way he pronounced Vern Gagne's name. It was like "Gag-Knee". LOL I wonder if he did that on purpose? heh Another old-school great from the Northern territories would have to be Da-Crusha'

By far the greatest of all time has to be ......WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Ric Flair baby! Space-Mountain...the limosine ridin' , jet flyin' son of a gun. He, the Andersons (aka Minnesot Wrecking Crew), and Tully Blanchard were possibly the greatest heels of all time with the 4 Horsemen.

As a kid I really loved Mr. Wrestling and Black-Jack Mulligan.

I'd say Bret Hart is probably the best technical wrestler ever followed by Dean Malenko.

When it comes to pure charisma and mic skills you have to give The Rock that one.

The Dynamite Kid was one of the top contributers from the UK I'd say. At age 20 he'd already worn gold and he influenced other greats like Chris Benoit.

Biggest innovator? I'd say Rob Van Dam hands down. Today's lucha-hardcore mix style (as evidenced in TNA's X-division wrestlers) was pioneered by this guy.

...I could go on and on and on (can you tell I'm a mark?) There are many more that definately deserve mention but I'm not trying to write "War & Peace" here. LOL

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson :D

With his rooty poo candy*** Gibroni............................If you smelllllllll what the Rock......is cookin! :p

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Probably old school sting, when he first came back in the black and white, from the rafters and whatnot

shihansmurf

Black Belt
Reaction score
The Nature Boy will always be " The Man" as far as I am concerned.
Ric Flair is the greatest of all time.

I am a huge fan of the rest of the Horsemen, as well. The entire NWA\WCW\UWF of the late 80's through the very early 90's will al'ways be my favorite time in wrestling.

Mark

P.S. I miss "Dr. Death" Steve Williams. Whatever happened to that guy?

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't think I could nail just one favorite. My top 5 that I loved to watch would be:

1. Bruno Samartino
2. Jake Roberts
3. Curt Henning
4. Magnum TA
5. Chris Benoit

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
1) George 'Scrap Iron' Gadaski.
2) Edward 'Wahoo' McDaniel.
3) 'Captain' Lou Albano.